Science Forums

Q&A Game.

alexander

And next question.

Known as the "The Invinceable Doctor", a formidable debater, who dared to disagree with the pope (for which he was imprizoned and excommunicated), his name inspired this philosophic principal.

50 kudos...

good luck :naughty:

Far too easy- William of Ockham (or Occam if you please)

Dangit, beat by the man who tans under the moon.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Supposedly..... we here in the south still seem to have problems with those Yankees after we beat them in the great war they still sneak south and try to infiltrate our land! But we can find them! Just ask some one if they have any ID , if they don't ask 'bout wut? Arrest them immediately!

If it's tourist season why can't we shoot them? :naughty:

Was Ockham imprisoned?

It has generally been held that in 1322 he appeared as the provincial of England at the celebrated assembly of the Franciscan order at Perugia, and that there he headed the revolt of the Franciscans against Pope John XXII; but, according to Little (English Historical Review, VI, 747), the provincial minister on this occasion was William of Nottingham. Probably, however, Occam was present at the assembly. His share in this revolt resulted in his imprisonment, on the charge of heresy, for seventeen weeks in the dungeons of the papal palace at Avignon. He and his companions -- Michael of Cesena, general of the order, and Bonagratia -- managed to escape, and found their way to Munich, where they aided Louis IV or V of Bavaria in his long contest with the papal curia. It was for Occam's share in this controversy that he was best known in his lifetime.

from William of Ockham

I had to cheat on that one, never would have guessed it would have been Jefferson. I was thinking along the lines of Samuel Clemens.

It was one of the few truly stupid things he ever said, so it kind of stands out...

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies, :naughty:

Buffy

Mr Jones, i guess it was easy-ish, i didn't want to make it too hard and omit the whole Doctor Invinciblis, that said, your response did not answer the question... you get 5 kudos though :naughty:

Mr Moon, you are correct and receive the full 50k

Mr Jones (judging by Mr Moon's response) you are correct on answering his riddle and receive 75k for that

Furthermore mr moon, your next question was worth 40 kudos

Buffy receives 40k

Mr moon 20k

Mr Moon receives additional 40k for the riddle and the total sums up to

Dianenoleen - 20 kudos

freezy - 100 kudos

buffy - 55 kudos

moon - 215 kudos

Mr D - 200 kudos

clay - 10 kudos

JMJones0424 - 80 kudos

:)

who's asking next ( mr moon you have to sit out till after the next question is asked, according to rules, if you remember :) )