Science Forums

How Do I Secure My Box?

alexander

I have had a few people ask me this very question recently, so i decided to post my source for information on securing boxes, and some applications...

If you have questions, ask :)

But yes, you guys have heard of that NSA agency thingie, right? Well, it just so happens that they write some of the most amazing and paranoid guides to securing boxes...:

Security Configuration Guides

Enjoy, most are quite a read :evil:

the 107 page manual is pretty thorough on securing a windows box, they are really thorough and paranoid about doing this, they are, after all, the NSA :Exclamati

i will be reading through the server 2k3 guide in about 15-20 minutes...btw... gotta build a windooze box :( at least its dual core opteron with a t of storage :Exclamati

But yes, you guys have heard of that NSA agency thingie, right? Well, it just so happens that they write some of the most amazing and paranoid guides to securing boxes...:

Hi Alexander,

Back then it was openly admitted on network security mailing lists that a bit of paranoia was a good asset if you were in network security. Now many of these the lists have been cancelled because anybody could be reading them.