Science Forums

Chemical Science (new chemicals)

Dr.Argo(ChemicalScientist

hi i have began making a new chemical by mixing zinc sulfide and sodium tetrabyte with sum other stuff to dilute it (not specified for confidental reasons), it is a purpley colore and

extremely flamable for some reason, it burns for long perods of time up to 8 hours without losing color or dying out at all i think i have something here

but i need help becouase it is uncontrolable in its mid state (3.5-4 hours)

which makes it extremely hot and the flames dont stop they keep getting bigger

maybe with your help we could make my chemical into a gas or fuel for something please reply

hi i have began making a new chemical by mixing zinc sulfide and sodium tetrabyte with sum other stuff to dilute it (not specified for confidental reasons), it is a purpley colore and

extremely flamable for some reason, it burns for long perods of time up to 8 hours without losing color or dying out at all i think i have something here

but i need help becouase it is uncontrolable in its mid state (3.5-4 hours)

which makes it extremely hot and the flames dont stop they keep getting bigger

maybe with your help we could make my chemical into a gas or fuel for something please reply

I appreciate your "spunk", but there are a couple things wrong/confusing with your explanation.

First of all, there's no such thing as sodium tetrabyte, so I assume you mean sodium tetraborate.

Second of all, with the chemicals that you specified (which I assume are the main precursors), it is highly unlikely that you discovered some new chemical, nonetheless one that displays the quite miraculous characteristics that you describe.

Thirdly, it sounds like phosphorescent gak. :hihi:

If you really think you have something, then I'll help, but you have to provide more information, because right now it doesn't sound like much. :cup: