Science Forums

Matter is invisible. Energy is visible.

arkain101

(explained for beginners)

I thought I would put this in strange claims even though I have logical points to make, I have a feeling it will be pressured in this direction.

Note this is written in a much more Ooooh AWWww like fashion.

Matter is infact imposible to see, what you see is energy. Science has long wondered... ; How can we visualise light!? what does it look like! etc...etc..

In regular perception we see objects, and assume, matter is visible. And that light is not. We see where the light comes from but we still wonder what light itself looks like.

Its like for example, a fish living in the water.. born in it, sleeps in it, eats in it..It has no idea that it is in water, because it simply only knows water. Well imagine one day that fish wondered; I wonder what water looks like. So it looks around, trying to find what water looks like. Checking here, and there, trying to hold it in its fins.. but to no avail it simply doesnt realise that alll along it is already seeing water! 8)

What it comes down to is that, when we see, we are seeing what light looks like! We percieve where it comes from but we see what is 'warming our eye' so to speak.

As for matter, it can not be physically observed. It is a representation of position and creates light, or visibility. Matter has resonance and infact acts like a wave.

^

Explanation: Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity says that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Jets of protons and electrons that shoot away from objects such as quasars and black holes appear to travel at speeds approaching this maximum speed, though. Such jets carry tremendous energy and can ram straight through interstellar material. In the above frame from a computer simulation, a jet traveling only 98 percent of light speed rams and mixes with interstellar material. Even higher energy jets might well explain the structure seen around Cygnus A.

^

A chance observation of high-energy electrons emanating from a tiny region of space where the sun and Earth's magnetic fields intertwine provides the first solid evidence that a process called magnetic reconnection accelerates electrons to near the speed of light in the Earth's magnetosphere and perhaps throughout the universe where magnetic fields entangle.

The observations were made April 1, 1999, as NASA's Wind satellite made a chance pass through the magnetic reconnection region in the Earth's shadow. Scientists at the University of California, Berkeley's Space Sciences Laboratory report the results of their data analysis in the Nov. 4 issue of Physical Review Letters.

Diagram of the Earth's magnetosphere, pushed and shaped by the impinging magnetic field of the sun. Credit: NASA/GSFC

Magnetic reconnection should occur wherever magnetic fields clash. As the fields try to bend around one another, the field lines break and recombine like a short-circuit in space, sending out jets of electrons and ions moving at speeds of hundreds of miles per second. In addition to these jets, the process also is thought to produce much more energetic electrons, with energies up to hundreds of thousands of electron volts - equivalent to a speed of more than 100,000 miles per second.

Spaceflight Now | Breaking News | Satellite finds electrons brought to near-light speed

Me again,

These are two different images, with 2dimensional slices out of a 3 dimensional view.

The first is an electron moving at almost the speed of light.

The second is earth with the magnetic field that is created by electric current in motion in the core of the earth. This is, the magnetic field of earth is created by super fast moving charged particles.

Notice that the particle which is 'invisible' acts like a wave, and infact, the light we see is what shows the particle, but light acts like a wave, and we see it as a particle.

You see? light is infact what you see, acts like a wave but shows us a particle or measures as a particle. Matter is infact what you can not see, it acts like a particle, but we measure it as a wave.

In physics and chemistry, wave-particle duality holds that light and matter exhibit properties of both waves and of particles. A central concept of quantum mechanics, duality addresses the inadequacy of conventional concepts like "particle" and "wave" to meaningfully describe the behaviour of quantum objects. The idea of duality is rooted in a debate over the nature of light and matter dating back to the 1600s, when competing theories of light were proposed by Christiaan Huygens and Isaac Newton. Through the work of Albert Einstein, Louis de Broglie and many others, it is now established that all objects have both wave and particle nature (though this phenomenon is only detectable on small scales, such as with atoms), and that a suitable interpretation of quantum mechanics provides the over-arching theory resolving this ostensible paradox.

Wave–particle duality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What one may view Aproaching speed of light;

figure 14

&

Now, we compare images viewed with different lenses.

Figure 14 is from the same camera position (shown in Figure 14 below) but the lens set at a very wide angle;

same image with human eye like lense;

We also see that as we travel very fast matter warps and bends and changes time, and spacial dimension, and mass.

What is viewed at high velocity is very similar to what is viewed through the correct bend of a lense.

If you bend the light with the right it shows you a different view of the matter. If you travel very fast , it is said that you bend the space-time or matter around you. Yet for everyone else things remain the same, but you and your ship look changed, this is called dilated.

Anyhow.

We can see that through misconception of perception we may very well misunderstand the world around us.

The tricky thing is, is wondering, is our mind made of matter? or is it made from energy.

As said energy is the only visible thing.

and matter is the only position.

yet matter warps and bends in wave characteristics, and energy creates particle representation.

This is mearly eye opening ideas and I have not correctly described the function of which is what, but its just further on my theory.

The following is a particle smashed at near the speed of light. A minute black hole is created. A position in space where there is no time and light does not come from, or come back from. There is a specific size that we can see. If we try to view someing smaller than that size, the light we shine on it, to reflect back to our detector, gets stuck and never comes back, thus that size is the limit to space.

Story on this and related links

I assume we are made of matter, but matter is a zero point, dimensionless entity, that vibrates energy, that forms space.

energy is space and comes from nowhere (matter point), but is the only thing that we can see. Even when a particle hits our eye (in contrary to light), we see the energy it contained not, the particle itself.

I think I understand what you've written, but, from what I've learned (and remember), matter cannot be seen without light or some form of energy.

One goes into a a room with no light sources other than a flashlight that some one is holding. He sees whatever matter when he shines light at it; but, what he doesn't shine light at doesn't just become "invisible". It's still there, it can be touched, and it can be felt, just not seen - because there is no light/energy reflecting off of it...

We don't "see" light; we see light bounced off matter, or coming from a light source.

I'm not any scientist, so I might have some thing wrong here myself. :naughty:

Your understanding is the common understanding. It lack the rigorous percission of a Ph.D. graduate but it comprises the generally accepted norms.

In quantum physics objects must be observed, at which point an interaction is formed between the object and the observer. It would be in a way correct to state that something that is not observed is invisible. This means of course that it is most likely superpositioned or similar, such that it is not immediately directly observable.

What we see is a disturbance of the matter, resulting in the observed properties of mass-energy, space-time and all that entails. Without light, or radiation the body is for all intents and purposes invisible, though not necessarily intangible.