Science Forums

Bang! The Complete History of the Universe

coldcreation

Hello Coldcreation

It may be interesting reading. But anything written with ad hoc theories is bound to be a book of some form.

What crap.

I thought the guitar section was kind of cool (hot).

Actually, as you know I agree that the standard model is faulty, to say the least, but as I've not delved into the book I don't know if any importance is given to alternative views, or if even mentioned. I would hope so.

CC,

I have not read it, but will.

Harry,

Your post is worthy of a neg rep, but I'm in a good mood tonight. Please refrain from making such statements with no back-up, and explain the reasons for your point of view. A point of view is fine, however, by default, it should have a point.

I think before I purchase it I'd like to know more about it. I never bought the final theory book because I learned enough about it in this forum to determine it entirely ad hoc.

I am puzzled by Harry's reference to ad hoc theories. I deduce, in an ad hoc fashion, that he is seeking to belittle the Big Bang theory. That would be self consistent.

Note that May's co-authors are Patrick Moore and Chris Lintott. Moore needs no introduction to UK residents - he has run the Sky at

Night, a monthly astronomy program on the BBC, for fifty years, and has written almost as many books as Isaac Azimov. Lintott appears to be Moore's heir designate for running the program when he finally heads for that great supenova in the sky.

May's credentials are a soon to be awarded Ph.D. in astronomy for work that got interrupted for a few decades as he pursued other interests.:)