Science Forums

Mass and charge

kolahal_b

I asked this question on a definite ground.Few days ago, I attended a lecture by Prof.Penrose at his 75th birth ceremony in SINP.He told in a significant way that the fundamental constants of nature might change at the eve of next big crunch.Mass ratio of elementary known particles might change...Well,I told some of these possibilities to my friends before attending this lecture.Here I should say, I do not know anything of cosmology, just read about the big bang, matched it with the explanation of CREATION as found in Indian epic Mahabharata, and have self developed some ideas...

I thought since at the very moment of big bang,universe starts expansion from a point, I may well suppose that everything is massless at that stage.To make the point have highest amount of energy, it is required to have all mass converted to energy and the point to be static.A moving point would have kinetic energy and hence a less potential energy.This point may also be defined as the static point ever conceived in the universe.It needs also to have all electromagnetic energy of the universe also to contribute to the energy content of the point. Well,when everything we talk of is regarding energy, and those energy will make it unstable, there should not be any discrimination among various types of energy.EM energy and Mass energy would play the same role.I thought,also EM field and Gravitational field are basically do the same and if so why not we say the same for charge and mass.For some reason unknown to me yet, the scale in which they effectively expressed themselves is grossly different.But, that does not hamper the physical reality.Well, please note I have not read GTR or QMech stil now.So there is enough chance that I have written down all wrong over here.Please, if they require modification, modify them, with proper reasoning.