Science Forums

Could we clone Jesus? Scientists are closing in on the DNA of Christ

Vmedvil

6 hours ago, Vmedvil said:

This is an informational piece on about if we could clone Jesus and how scientists are closing in on the DNA of Christ, read more at Could we clone Jesus? Scientists are closing in on the DNA of Christ | Metro News

Do you think we should clone Jesus and bring him back from the dead in this modern era?

I think some evidence that Jesus existed would be a clear first step. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 8:14 AM, Moontanman said:

I think some evidence that Jesus existed would be a clear first step. 

Well, I was thinking we could use the blood or DNA on the spear that stabbed Jesus which is in the Hofburg Treasure House in Vienna to clone Jesus.

"The Holy Lance is an important concept and alleged relic in Christianity. It is a weapon that many believe was used during Jesus' crucifixion. According to Christian theology, an unnamed Roman centurion often known as Longinus pierced Jesus' side with the lance."

Link = https://study.com/academy/lesson/spear-of-destiny-history-legend-holy-lance.html

"The shaft of the spear has long disappeared, there only remains the head in two sections and a large nail used to connect the sections. The nail is rumored to be one of the actual nails from the True Cross. Today, the Spear rests again in the Hofburg Treasure House."

Link = https://www.museumreplicas.com/the-spear-of-destiny

I would like to collect a DNA sample from it.

d11l81-19b63dda-9f20-4e2b-898f-d1c5dedef

"

Question 5: How do you make a clone of a human?

Response 5 from Chat GPT4:

Human cloning is a highly controversial and complex subject, and it is currently illegal in many countries.
However, theoretically, the process for cloning a human would involve the following steps:

1. Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer (SCNT): This is the most common technique used in cloning. In this
process, the nucleus, which contains the genetic material, is removed from a somatic (body) cell of the
individual to be cloned. This could be a skin cell or any other non-reproductive cell containing the
complete set of genes of the individual.

2. Enucleation of an egg cell: An egg cell is taken from a donor female, and its nucleus is removed. This
egg cell now contains no genetic information.

3. Nuclear transfer: The nucleus from the somatic cell is then inserted into the enucleated egg cell. The
egg cell now contains the full set of genes from the individual to be cloned.

4. Activation and division: The egg cell is activated using chemicals or electrical signals, which triggers it
to start dividing and developing into an embryo. This process is similar to what happens during natural
fertilization.

5. Implantation and development: The embryo is then implanted into the uterus of a surrogate mother,
where it continues to develop until birth. The resulting baby would be a genetic clone of the individual
whose somatic cell nucleus was used in the process.

It is important to note that human cloning has not been successfully achieved and raises significant
ethical, moral, and legal concerns. The process of cloning still faces many challenges, including a high
rate of failure, developmental abnormalities, and other health risks. Additionally, there are questions about
the long-term consequences of cloning on the cloned individual's physical and mental health. As a result,
the scientific community and society at large remain divided on the issue of human cloning."

ftcms:5f30456a-bd74-11e2-a735-00144feab7

Edited by Vmedvil

@Vmedvil You do realize there is no evidence any of that stuff is real... right? In fact none of it dates to the time Jesus is supposed to have existed and it does date from a time when creating fake religious icons was rampant. This post is inappropriate for this forum because it is a fallacy called "begging the question" you or anyone else is welcome to believe anything you want but when you start asserting that any particular religion is true then you have a burden of proof which I have to assume you cannot meet. If you feel you can then go for it. I'll give you a day to show your work but this thread is headed for being locked due to the fallacy it represents.  

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

@Vmedvil You do realize there is no evidence any of that stuff is real... right? In fact none of it dates to the time Jesus is supposed to have existed and it does date from a time when creating fake religious icons was rampant. This post is inappropriate for this forum because it is a fallacy called "begging the question" you or anyone else is welcome to believe anything you want but when you start asserting that any particular religion is true then you have a burden of proof which I have to assume you cannot meet. If you feel you can then go for it. I'll give you a day to show your work but this thread is headed for being locked due to the fallacy it represents.  

Go ahead and lock it, I just putting forward an idea that I was thinking about. I just thought it would be an interesting theology discussion.

Edited by Vmedvil

7 minutes ago, Vmedvil said:

Go ahead and lock it, I just putting forward an idea that I was thinking about. I just thought it would be an interesting theology discussion.

But it's not a theology discussion, its a truth claim...