Science Forums

Scientists utilize AI in gene-editing technology to grow trees that could change the paper industry

It seems scientists utilize A.I. in gene editing technology to grow trees that could change the paper industry, read more at Scientists utilize AI in gene-editing technology to grow trees that could change the paper industry forever: 'Pushing the boundaries' (thecooldown.com)

Do you think that these new genetically engineered trees will change the way we harvest paper from trees, and do you think it is a good thing?

On 4/2/2024 at 4:02 AM, Vmedvil said:

It seems scientists utilize A.I. in gene editing technology to grow trees that could change the paper industry, read more at Scientists utilize AI in gene-editing technology to grow trees that could change the paper industry forever: 'Pushing the boundaries' (thecooldown.com)

Do you think that these new genetically engineered trees will change the way we harvest paper from trees, and do you think it is a good thing?

This is interesting, I live near many tree farms, it will be interesting to see of these new trees start showing up in replantings.