Science Forums

Help!

kdinu

I uhh kinda put this off for the last minute. I have a project that I must do, obviously, which counts for most of my grade! I'm supposed to have an idea for what I'm going to do tomorrow so I can get it approved by my teacher, and I've kinda put it off! So can anyone help me! I'm in 9th grade honors science, which I have no clue how I got into, and I'm expected to have a 'superior' project because of this fact. SO far I only have on idea but I'm not sure it will be approved and I have to have an idea by tomorrow!

I don't like science class but I enjoy science. I love finding things out but I've always gotten low grades in science class.

I also have a problem thinking of projects because I always have trouble identifying the control group and my independent and dependent variables.

I seriously need help so can someone help?

forgive me if my post sounds like I'm a person who doesn't like to work or work hard. I'm a very hard worker and I try to make good grades to make my mother happier. This year is very stressful for me. I've been moved from my middle school of about 200-300 kids in grades preK-8 to a school of about 1000-2000 from grades 9-12. I'm in all honors classes and I have far more homework than I've ever had to cope with.

I'm sorry to hear about all of your troubles. I'm sure you'll be fine. :cup:

What sort of project are you looking to do?

What subject matter are you thinking of?

Do you have to test something that will yield measurable values? Or are you just doing a project to demonstrate a point?

A little more information could help us better diagnose the problem. :cup:

I'm looking for something to do with either Geology or Botany. I must be able to perform this experiment and Identify the constants, independent variable, dependent variable, control group, and experimental group. My variables must be measurable and I think I'm onyl allowed to have one variable.

Why don't you test the effects of Gibberellic Acid on plant growth.

Gibberellic acid is a natural plant-growth horomone, and I'm sure your teacher could purchase some for you.

You can make different concentrations (independent variables), and water plant seeds with those concentrations. Another group can be watered with distilled water (control).

See how increased levels of gibberellic acid affects how fast plants grow.

Sounds good to me. :cup: