Science Forums

Pedophilia for the youth

Nixalot

I am currently one of the younger students attending my college, actually really young I'm still 17, and it hit me... If you are still a minor is it still pedophilia if you are having sex with someone younger than you?

My girlfriend is currently a senior in high school, even though she is just as old as me, it made me wonder that do laws against minors looking at other minors still count as pedophilia or say that I had sex with a Senior at my college and she was 21, would that make it statutory rape? This concept never really bothered me until I read an article about high schooler getting arrested because he was 19 year old having sex with a 16 year old... Don't get me wrong anyone that wants to get it on with a young teen (like below 14 or 15) has got some problems, it has just been frustrating trying to find something about it because all I could find was stuff about 40 year olds trying have sex with little boys and never anything on minors looking at pictures of other minors. Because if it is legal for minors to look at other naked minors then maybe they should have "under 18 and over 16" websites:hihi: naw, that last little comment was just a little joke.

Peace

*Nix*

It depends on the laws in the state in which you live. Each state has their own statuatory rape laws, and many of them have a provision for young teens, often something along the lines of it's illegal to have sex with a person below this age unless you are within x years of his/her age. In some states, the legal age of consent is 16, meaning that statuatory rape laws aren't even a problem.