Science Forums

Corporal Punishment?

Boerseun

How about terrifying the child by espousing you belief in homicidal retribution for suspected sexual transgressions committed against them or are they supposed to think that is as as you do? Would that be acceptable.

Seriously Rebiu, chill out. I'm not into personal attacks here on Hypography, nor are the rules. If you wish to discuss this, I'd gladly do so through PM.

As GAHD's post above shows, there are always individual differences. To make a blanket statement like it IS wrong or it IS right fails to take into account the context of the situation. I think most people would agree that sometimes punishment is done in excess and sometimes not enough. It's about finding balance between those two and make it specific to the child in question that matters.

hello, when i was young i got some loads of slaps from my parents and some teachers. I am today very reassured that this has helped me quite a lot compared to my younger brother. He is has never got good grades at school and at at uni and is often involved in my social problems with other people.

At that time when he was bon my parents were really not sure of this idea of correcting the child and that it may be detrimentous. There had been a study about then....

But i have myself that this "slap" has correted me on my line of behaviour.

However, i would recommend one to be very careful cause "slap" and "beating" is very close.