Science Forums

Mitnicks Website Hacked :)

Mitnick says in the same link

"When I was a hacker, I never stooped to defacing sites because that was more like vandalism; that wasn't any fun. "

I agree with him, someone with real skills won't waste them just for vandalism.

The ones who deface his site was probably only capable of such things...

But still it makes you smile when you read "Mitnicks Website Hacked" :)

i find that not necessarily true, hacking mitnick's website and defacing it could be a fun activity for sheer show that he is not as security concious as he may think... Mitnick's a big name, he's got a few books out and quite a lot of press about him, but he is not a hacker anymore, the fuzz is really overrated and people who hacked the website may have been saying just that... or they really were script kiddies from asia :cup:

Just remembered, i was actually going to see Mitnick spealk at Hope, he was supposed to have a keynote there, but i think he got stuck somewhere in Asia sick, in the hospital...

No offense to Mr Mitnick ofcourse, i really do think that web grafiti is not a real skill and is for script kiddies, but could be fun if its your friends website or something, just for laughs...