Science Forums

Kerry or Bush - Which should get my vote?

IrishEyes

The Farenheit 9/11 thread has turned into a Bush-bashing thread. Not surprising, but rather frustrating all the same. We had a thread all about Bush, so I'm not really sure why the movie thread was overtaken by all of the other info. But I am enjoying reading Freethinker's slant on all of the newest developments.

The reason for this new topic is simple. Freethinker, and many others, have listed endless reasons why people should not vote for President Bush. I won't say that some of the evidence is not compelling. However, I also think some of it is very biased and shows any obvious slanted perspective. There have been many reasons shown why to NOT vote for GW. But what I haven't seen is any compelling reason to vote FOR Kerry.

I'd like to know what Kerry has to offer, besides what little I haven't seen from him on tv. Sound bites are not really enough to go on. GW has pointed out some of Kerry's flaws. But I just don't know that voting *against* one person is a valid reason to vote *for* another person.

Help me out here, ok?

But more seriously, the US Economy and Stock Market has been strongest while under Democrat Pres (top 3 of the last 13 Pres). Only Demo's have had balanced budgets for the last 30 years.

As a small biz person, Kerry's Insurance program is incredible. While under Bush more companies have dropped or increased co-pay insurance for employees.

Kerry has a very good record for Environmental issues. While Gov, Bush made Texas the most poluted state in the US. He has done more harm to our environment, rolling back protections going back over 10 years!

Kerry is also the candidate of choice of 4 or 5 countries in the rest of the world (Iran and Russia support Bush). He will bring us back to the position of respect in the world. He can help make us safer by reducing the extreme anger the world is feeling towards our current actions.

He also is not a fundy Creationist that directly acts to stop medical research. He understands that it is more ethical to use abandoned fertilized eggs from fertility clinics for research than stands to solve massive numbers of medical issues, rather than flushing them down the toilet.

Nor will he issue an Executive Order to directly fund religious orgs after even his own Congress knew it was UnConstitutional, as Bush did.