Science Forums

IloveMuSIC?

themartuigan

i love music. all kinds of music; the reason for this thread is just a thought on music.

I used to think that i could tell what kind of a mood a person was in by the type of music they listene'd to and in some most rare situations I felt I could almost confront a persons actual inner-self and see who a person is by what they are listening too.

The more that I investigate and preech of music the more I begin to understand that generally the people that are stuck in the one genre of music will have more of a musical affect on there lives in a idolistic sort of way. Then you got this person that listens to everything from shania tawaiin to vanilla ice and ice cube. this person is the person that you can look at and see what mood they are in by the type of music they listen too.

A problem comes in here, because if you do not know a person, how are you suppose to know if this person always listens to this genre of music or if this person is just depressed.

My thoughts used to go further then I wanted them to go when I first started thinking about the use of music and the mind, in a science fiction state of mind i wonder if it is possible to, using musical notes and radio waves enter the brains core and communicate and/or control with some sort of (radio) wave.

SO i get to where I wanted to say that not only do i believe that a persons mood has a affect on what they listen too but also that what a person listens to might affect their mood or who they become.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on in what way or how music affects the brain and/or how a person thinks, acts and becomes. any thing. please feel free and endulge in your mind with me. thanks.

theMaRTuiGaN

Man,

when a funky groove starts to flow thru me

and I start analyzing every aspect

every compression ratio

all the pre decay of the reverb

heh, it's bliss.

Music erupting from anywhere curing my negativity.

Hey martiuigan, Download some ravi shankar.

With an open mind, you will love him.

He's one of my favorites.

I have no Idea how music works, I just know how to manipulate it, produce it, and transcend it.

Improvising music is the greatest thing I have ever learned.

It just flows thru, Everything I've ever learned taking me to the next moment.

And silence is the other half of music! Classical music exercises that wonderfully.

"music sweet music,

i wish i could caress, and kiss, and kiss"

Jimi Hendrix