Science Forums

Could time be a wave?

In QM we treat the progression of particles through wave functions, we treat the probability of a particle progressing into a future state through probabilistic waves. What i'm about to say might sound completely stupid or make sense. Im open to being called a fool, or a genius. But i really had to get my thought out there. If particles progress into a future state through wave functions, they must also progress forward in time through wave equations. And that really begs the question, can time be quantized and termed a wave? Or a probabilistic wave? The probability of time progressing towards one direction (towards one event at a particular time) would result in different outcomes based on the answer. Schrodinger's cat for example, the superposition, light behaving as a wave in one sense and particle in another, all of those confusions could be avoided if time was simply a probabilistic wave and given the different probabilities, it alters the possibility of the events. 

This has been really hard to put into words what was once solely a thought, please give me opinions and i'm more than happy to engage in an open discussion with everyone here. Thank you.