Science Forums

Discussing This Experience's Dimensions

arkain101

I have had some eye opening thoughts on dimensions :eek:

Or maybe they are just some misconceptions :doh:

I am not so sure :ud:

That is the point to this topic. :)

--------------------------------------------

This spacial dimension we reside in is what is called to be Three (3D) dimensional.

It appears at least to me that this experience is 3 dimensional in view but however is more like 1 dimensional in action. Inertia for example acts in 1D. Mass and its inertia wants to continue in a given direction in a strait line and it will follow the bend of space-time as it goes along.

Light as individual packets also appears as far as I understand to travel in 1D like actions. The combination of a photons, the angle of attack (the wave front that enters your eye), and the energy intensity gives us the sense of 3 dimensional space and of course it is.

But is it not fair to say that although we percieve it to be 3D and it acts in a 3D relative manner, The individual actions are all combinations of 1D.

1D in all kinds of different directions, which are of course different velocities to an observer.

Time is likewise a 1D like passing is it not?

Do we live in a world that experiences 3D while operates with multiple 1D ?

Or do we live in a world that is 1D and operates in a way to generate a 3D observation.

Such as to wonder,

Does the consciousness float around in space-time? or does the consciousness allow space-time to pass through it like imagining seeing the world pour out from a television screen into you eyes. Does time pass through us, or are we passing through the time.

When we consider all our emtions and senses, what dimension can we place them under?

Sight is a 3D percievpment, but is it not a compilation of 1D actions?

Sound is a 3D observation but where do you place the experiencing of sound in your brain. It may sound 3 dimensional but sound in itself to our experience is really what?

and how about the rest.. In what dimension can we place so much of this?

There is some interesting ways of looking at cosmology with these ideas.

The wave particle duality. The idea of multiple dimensions.

What are you thoughts on this when you really think about it?

If you decided to remove the time dimension from life, imagine where this would leave you..

Can space-time itself if it could realise that it was 3D when each thing is some type of 1 direction of movement