Science Forums

What is it to squint?

Think of the squint that happens when you sincerely smile. Now for the background.

To get things out in the open, I've taken magical mushrooms, which I believe triggered in my mind into a self conscious level. It's been about a month since this encounter and I, from time to time, feel some of the effects. Vauge but true.

About a week ago, I was staring out into the clouds. When I say "into" I mean I found a could that looked like it had a hole in the middle, squinted, stared, and saw. What I saw can only be discribed as gray scale water reflections, that wavy motion when looking straight down at disturbed water. Located at the focal point of my vision. All but the peripherals. Going away only when I stopped looking like an idiot and came back to reality.

I don't think this is some sort of phenomenon but I wanted to share my experience.

Further infomation for an unaltered mind's experiment, upon request.

If you know of a website/thread that might explain what happened/happens please post.

erowid

I know of erowid. I still skimmed the site for something that looked like it might have more information on what I'm experiencing. Nothing looked like what I'm talking about. I might have to reread the sections about how it effects the brain. Or better yet how the brain works. I'm really slackin' here. :)

Upon futher "research" I tried to look in between the "water reflection" and myself. What I saw were little white dot floating about, much like when a person see stars before passing out, or getting light headed. Note, I was completly sober, I was just making an observation.

Next thread.

You might look into the basics of visual perception. Also, atmosphere. You likely were experiencing some sort of combination of factors, including water and ice crystals in the air effecting the light, blood vessels pulsing around the lense of your eye effecting the movement, scattering from your eyelashes, eye fatigue preventing the lense from adjusting quickly enough... all manner of things. Clouds are fun, and it may have had nothing to do with shrooms.

Cheers. :hihi: