Science Forums

Nuclear Terrorism

Turtle

Nuclear Terrorist Attack In US: How Likely?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Nuclear Terrorist Attack In US: How Likely?

• <=10%
    • 11% to 20%
    • 21% to 30%
    • 31% to 40%
    • 41% to 50%
    • 51% to 60%
    • 61% to 70%
    • 71% to 80%
    • 81% to 90%
    • >90%

terrorism - The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Just listening to Journalist Paul L. Williams on the radio and he says a university up in Canada has hundreds of staff from the Middle East that teach nuclear related subjects & they have links to Al Queda. He says they plan to nuke 7 US cities simultaneously & sooner or later.

That aside the world is at risk of nuclear terroism what with all the 'lost' spillage from known sources & all the radicals proclaiming their intention to use this stuff. What to do?:dead:

Discuss, I guess. I searched for a thread with this title/subject & found none. Here it is now.:dead:

We have to try and prevent the spread of nuclear power into sources from where it is easy for it to go int terrorist hands.

We also have to consider possible cases of nuclear ammo being dumped on cities. We have to impliment measures that will help minimise nuclear attack damage.

For this we can remember that in the cases of Hiroshima and Nagarsaki bombimgs, the damage to Nagarsaki was lower than the worst possible.

We might have to build nuclear bunkers, and all that.

Journalist Paul Williams finished his piece & I culled some more info. The university he mentioned is Mcmaster & here is ther homepage. I haven't perused the staff yet. I will because I like to do the follow up research.

http://www.mcmaster.ca/

Williams has interviewd numerous times Hamid Mir (sp) the only journalist to interview Bin Laden since 9/11. I will read up on them both.

The radio show had a call in session & in response to a question on the background of nuclear terroism by al queda, williams suggested Googling 'Al Queda nuclear'. Think I'll give that a go to.

:ebluehair
/forums/images/smilies/devilsign.gif

Another link, this time reviewing Williams book.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/7/13/171536.shtml

A new book written by a former FBI consultant claims that al-Qaida not only has obtained nuclear devices, but also likely has them in the U.S. and will detonate them in the near future.

These chilling allegations appear in "Osama's Revenge: The Next 9/11: What the Media and the Government Haven't Told You," by Paul L. Williams (Prometheus Books).

Web Search ResultsResults 1 - 10 of about 50,505 for Paul L. Williams

Not even a snide remark? Errr...another snide remark? No supportive remark? Fence setting?

Nuclear attacks on US likely or not? Poll perhaps? Roger Wilco.

:doh: :ebomb: :ebomb: :ebomb: :ebomb: :ebomb: :ebomb: :ebomb: :ebomb:

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Conspiracy theories are a two way street...

:doh:

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 5,130,000 for nuclear terrorism

http://www.nci.org/k-m/makeab.htm

In summary, the main concern with respect to terrorists should be focused on those in a position to build, and bring with them, their own devices, as well as on those able to steal an operable weapon.

This article is 4 years old, and little is changed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/02/AR2005050201454.html

U.S. Called Unprepared For Nuclear Terrorism

If you've finished reading those...

http://www.nuclearterrorism.org/

Nuclear terrorism realities

http://washingtontimes.com/world/20040628-121252-5928r.htm

Unlike countries, which may fear retaliation, terrorist groups could be undeterred about using nuclear weapons to achieve a political agenda, the Carnegie report said.

Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has expressed interest in acquiring nuclear weapons. While terrorist groups are not believed to have the ability to produce nuclear weapons, they may be able to seize such weapons or materials from other countries.

I was thinking of setting up a poll entitled "Which do you think would be the bigger seller?"

(a) Some highly speculative thoughts I had about nuclear terrorism, backed up by very few facts, and quite frankly not something to really worry about.

(:doh: Nuclear experts, based in Canada, with al Queda links committed to terrorist attack on US

In short, Mr Williams has a very clear agenda.

That said, the risk of a nuclear terrorist attack is not zero. The solution, as it should have been for 911, is coherent, timely, pertinent intelligence. Pausing before invading sovereign countries; avoiding declaring war on a concept; and understanding that people dislike bullies, would all probably help to diminish the risk too.

(a) Some highly speculative thoughts I had about nuclear terrorism, backed up by very few facts, and quite frankly not something to really worry about.

:eek:

I can post facts all day on this, & from good sources. Hardly nothing to worry about.:doh: