Science Forums

What Is Sin?

Vmedvil

This is a thread about what is sin in the Bible.

"an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law."

Seven-Deadly-Sins-Names.jpg

More about Sin, Link = What is Sin? Biblical Meaning and Definition (biblestudytools.com)

Christians explaining what sin is, links = (1) What is Sin? | Christian Forums and What is Sin? | Christian Forums

Edited by Vmedvil

• Vmedvil changed the title to What Is Sin?
On 12/9/2023 at 12:13 AM, Vmedvil said:

This is a thread about what is sin in the Bible.

"an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law."

Seven-Deadly-Sins-Names.jpg

More about Sin, Link = What is Sin? Biblical Meaning and Definition (biblestudytools.com)

Christians explaining what sin is, links = (1) What is Sin? | Christian Forums and What is Sin? | Christian Forums

Sin is an imaginary disease and religion will sell you an imaginary cure for it. Are sins the same in all religions or are you looking to only discuss christianity? 

5 hours ago, Moontanman said:

Sin is an imaginary disease and religion will sell you an imaginary cure for it. Are sins the same in all religions or are you looking to only discuss christianity? 

You can discuss anything you want, if you want to discuss about it in other religions then go for it.

17 hours ago, Vmedvil said:

You can discuss anything you want, if you want to discuss about it in other religions then go for it.

I don't concede there is such a thing as "sin" in fact each religion has its own definition of sin all of which are defined by the particular religion and are often contradictory to each other as well as internally within the religious teachings. I was just trying to nail down exactly what you were talking about since each religion has its own ideas of what sin is.  

On 12/14/2023 at 8:57 AM, Moontanman said:

I don't concede there is such a thing as "sin" in fact each religion has its own definition of sin all of which are defined by the particular religion and are often contradictory to each other as well as internally within the religious teachings. I was just trying to nail down exactly what you were talking about since each religion has its own ideas of what sin is.  

I was talking about Sin in Christianity however if you want to bridge that to other religion's Sin definitions you can.

1 hour ago, Vmedvil said:

I was talking about Sin in Christianity however if you want to bridge that to other religion's Sin definitions you can.

Considering how little religions have in common I see no reason to do that. All though I do admit that in the context of being mythology they do have that in common.