Science Forums

[PhotoShoot] Teach Computer to Watch a Photo

http://photoshoot.csie.org

Dear all,

We are master students from National Taiwan University. Recently, our lab (CMLAB) initiate a new project to teach Computer how to watch a photo like human. By your playing our game, you make computer smarter.

Before starting to play, you may need an account. The account is just used for high score list calculation. Besides, our game is develped with JAVA, therefore, you may need to intall JRE before playing if you didn't install it ever. You can find specific details through our website.

This game is easy and funny. Any login player will be connected to the other player through internet. When playing, you and your partner need to cooperate to gain points. Each of you will play a role, you may be a shooter or a targeter. Targeter will set target on the image and shooter will shoot the same image. Only when the targets are shot, both you gain scores. Scoring method is related to the setting and shooting order, and the target size. You can read our help to learn more.

We sincerely invite you to join this prject. With your help, you make the Computer smarter. You can give us some suggesitons or opinions by our message board. Also you can contact me directly through my E-mail: [email protected]

If you like this game or think this is a meaningful project, please share it to your friends. We appreciate whatever you do. Thanks very much.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Keynes

Since this seems to actually be a science project, I have not summarily deleted this posting although it would in most cases be considered around here to be spam. Please post something here about your research and what you intend to accomplish within the next day or its likely your link will be removed. Please realize this is a *discussion* forum, not an advertising site. If you'd like to place an ad, you can send a check to Tormod.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Spam Slayer,

Buffy

Dear Buffy,

Thanks for your help. Let me give some more specific explanation.

This project is to retrieve what people generally think interesting area in one photo. Through your play, we can traslate these data into interesting area. Then we will use like machine learning technique to find some features or build a model.

About how to play, you can reference our website. Roughly to say, if you are a targeter you may want to put your target in the most interesting area, then your partner, a shooter, will also guess what your targets are. The best guess is that you both think for others, because you both gain scores when the targets are shot.

Have fun!

If you have any question, please mail me freely. :confused:

Since this seems to actually be a science project, I have not summarily deleted this posting although it would in most cases be considered around here to be spam. Please post something here about your research and what you intend to accomplish within the next day or its likely your link will be removed. Please realize this is a *discussion* forum, not an advertising site. If you'd like to place an ad, you can send a check to Tormod.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Spam Slayer,

Buffy