Science Forums

Science Forums Under Cyberattack By Spammers For Months?

Vmedvil

I have noticed for the last 2 months there have been these spammers that show up at night and spam up the forums with advertisements. They get banned and the posts removed then just to return the following night which has been happening for months. Is there a way to maybe IP ban these spammers so they can never post again on the scienceforums.com?

Picture of their handy work.

Spammer.png

Edited by Vmedvil

• Vmedvil changed the title to Science Forums Under Cyberattack By Spammers For Months?
17 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

I am well aware, the spammers usually use IP filters that change their IP address randomly I'll look into it.    

If they use a VPN it will do no good for a few bans however you can keep banning their VPNs, they will either stop doing it or have to have like 50 VPNs which cost money, which are those "IP Filters" you speak of. I have a VPN too and I know they cost hundreds of dollars a year for like 15 different IPs, if it doesn't work initially just keep banning their IPs until either they stop or run out of money for VPNs. It costs the scienceforums.com nothing to IP ban them but it will start costing them money for VPN service changes.

More Information about VPNs, link = What Is a VPN? - Definition, How It Works & More | Proofpoint US

Edited by Vmedvil

• 1 month later...

Spammers are a problem on all forums I am a member of. We just don't have enough moderators for someone to be here 24/7, I log in and check several times a day... I do have a bit of a life left and i can't be here 24/7. I have to admit I can't see how gullible a person would have to be to fall for these idiots.  

Edited by Moontanman

9 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Spammers are a problem on all forums I am a member of. We just don't have enough moderators for someone to be here 24/7, I log in and check several times a day... I do have a bit of a life left and i can't be here 24/7. 

I would like to be mod to ban the spammers then if that is fine with the admins and stuff.

Edited by Vmedvil

Wait, I have an idea what if we made a A.I. that removed the spammers posts on the science forums using an automated system to stop this because it is probably a bot that is doing this, what if we made a Counter Spam A.I.?

Link = Artificial intelligence - Wikipedia

SciFi Reference to said technology, Link = The Hunter-Seeker Algorithm (SMAC) | Civilization Wiki | Fandom

Edited by Vmedvil

2 minutes ago, Vmedvil said:

Wait, I have an idea what if we made a A.I. that removed the spammers posts on the science forums using an automated system to stop this because it is probably a bot that is doing this, what if we made a Counter Spam A.I.?

Link = Artificial intelligence - Wikipedia

Can you make one?