Science Forums

What if God is an extra terrestrial being?

hallenrm

Today, we are all familiar with supercomputers and communication mediums that can nearly keep watch on the activities of a tiny fraction of the total population on the Earth.

Imagine!! there is an extraterrestrial being, maybe outside the milky way, that is endowed with the powers of suprcomputers, we can hardly imagine!!:)

Supercomputer that can receive signals of all our thoughts, and can also transmit messages to our brains, thus virtually controlling all our actions.

What would such a being be called?

God of course?? :cup:

Well I was just imagining, but that's an allowed human activity, often encouraged too.:)

I feel that it is entirely plausible that god or many of the mythical beings (not that god is mythical) could have been ET that has perhaps overcome the “problem” of mortality. I don’t feel that it is heresy or wrong to think of these things, because God would remain god regardless of its origins if it has one.

As I attempt to imagine a race say 100 years more advanced than our own , it is fairly easy. Then I endeavor to see perhaps 500 years hence, not that easy.!

Then on some flights of fancy my mind wonders 1000 years into our future and what it would bring. Next up?Do I dare try to ponder what we would be doing in ten thousand years? TEN Thousand years ! now that is impossible ! Now try fifty thousand years, then two hundred thousand years! Then one MILLION years!

There may be races out there that are a thousand million years more advanced than we! Gods indeed , they would be gods. They would be greater than our gods. Greater than our wildest fantasys.

I feel that it is entirely plausible that god or many of the mythical beings (not that god is mythical) could have been ET that has perhaps overcome the “problem” of mortality.

There may be races out there that are a thousand million years more advanced than we! Gods indeed , they would be gods. They would be greater than our gods. Greater than our wildest fantasys.

All I would say, mark my words, I said, extraterrestrial being, not extraterrestrial biological organism. You will understand my thoughts better if you spare a few minutes to go the the thread organism<=>organization initiated by me some time back.

But, otherwise I totally agree with you!!:xx: Hope to meet you more often.

I said, extraterrestrial being, not extraterrestrial biological organism. You will understand my thoughts better if you spare a few

I will check out your post later today, gotta take my mutts to the vet shortly!

However, its not too much of to imagine that a highly advanced race could shed themselves of a corporeal body, and or even create a new universe! I love SF! yep it has an uncanny way of becoming reality. I think of it as frozen reality, just takes time to mentally thaw it out!

And thanks for your support I enjoy your posts as well.