Science Forums

A few questions about string theory

mocnarf

Hello fellow thinkers,

I have started to ponder string theory or rather the current term is M-theory. Whatever.... I have come come to several questions for which I have not heard any answers nor any suppositions. I would be interest in the suupositions that those with greater knowledge on this area of physics might provide insight.

Questions:

1) As I understand it, an electron is composed of a vibrating "string" of energy. Is there any estimates as to what frequency that string vibrates? And if so can an estimate be given in terms of music of what would the equivalent music note designation ? (Granted many powers of ten greater than any octaves available on the piano....) perhaps E sharp?

2) And if, protons are made up of several strings. Could their frequencies be considered a chord? If so, what chord would it be ?

3) If string vibrations were thought of as musical notes, how would the harmonics of one string affect the harmonics of other associated strings?

Another line of thought...

4) If the universe was born with the "Big Bang". What existed at "Big Band" minus 1 second?

5) If the universe was condenced to such an infinitely small point, just before the "Big Band" , Did the three physical dimensions (left-right, back-forth, up-down) cease to exist? Was time also non-existant?

6) If time and the three physical dimensions didn't exist before the "big bang" then how could strings exist prior to the big bang?

7) Can a string become non-existant? I suppose it could, if another string with exactly the same frequency but with an oscillation that is 180 degrees it's opposite was to occupy the same space. They would cancel each other and thus become non-existant , wouldn't they?

8) If nothing, existed at "Big Bang" minus 1 second and then at "Big Bang" plus 0 seconds 1 string came into existance, or did all strings in the universe come into existence at the same instance which would be at the same time that the four dimension came into existence?

9) If the universe was compressed to a single infinately small point, would not all (or at least most) strings find their 180 degree twin and thus at "Big Bang" minus 1 second there existed absolutely nothing at that point ????

My conclusion is a "Theory of Everything" can only explane the universe from the point of the "Big Band" but could never explane "Big Bang" minus 1 second. Were am I going wrong with my thinking?

I think these may be questions that physics will never be able to answer. And that the only theory that could ever be proposed but never fully tested would be the Grand Organized Design theory.