Science Forums

Has the US Cogress become passe?

MagnetMan

The day is long-gone when we need predominanly rich men to ride to Washington on horseback to represent our views.

In this moment of instant communication, with expert information on any issue just a finger tip away, with one of the worlds most educated societies at hand, when are we going to take responsibility for making domestic and foreign policy decisions ourselves? Especially about war.

Party politics has become a national scandal and the cost of too much bureaucratic oversight is crippling us. To say nothing of special interests.

Surely all we need today to decide on regional prioroties is a Senate. Not young guys and gals. I mean real long-viewed senators who have the future of our grandchildren in mind and who think globally.

we need change,

I,

still just a kid, 18 years old,

don't know what to do

to get everybody out there to search for truth.

I think we need change, I just don't know what kind of change.

I sit back and just be,

but it doesn't seem right.

All of the lies the spokespeople high in authority tells us

i'm so fed up with.

I'm sure they've been going on forever,

but on this scale?

The scale of thousands of lives for billions of dollars,

where population control is necessary

and their withholding the cures, which is the cure to overpopulation.

Two headed serpent,

our consciousness so idecisive.

The day is long-gone when we needed rich men to ride to Washington on horseback to represent our views....

To say nothing of special interests.

Surely all we need today to decide on regional prioroties is a Senate. Not young guys and gals. I mean real long-viewed senators who have the future of our grandchildren in mind and who think globally.

From my reading of The Radicalism of the American Revolution by Gordon S. Wood, I learned that special intrerests is nothing new in our government. Jefferson's personal letters reveal his dismay at how people from every ilk flocked in for representation. Cobblers, printers, blacksmiths, etc. , and hardly all rich men.

If Congress isn't doing what people want, then people have to use the process to change it by their votes. It's a pretty wide stroke to declassify a group of people from service by virtue of youth; the Constitution provides suitable guidlines on age.

The day is long-gone when we needed rich men to ride to Washington on horseback to represent our views.

agreed

In this moment of instant communication, with expert information on any issue just a finger tip away, with one of the worlds most educated societies at hand, when are we going to take responsibility for making domestic and foreign policy decisions ourselves?

imo we should

Especially about war.

you mean crimes against humanity

war = crimes against humanity

Party politics has become a national scandal and the cost of too much bureaucratic oversight is crippling us. To say nothing of special interests.

politicians are nothing but puppets.

any one who has the knowledge to make the right decisions should be part of that decision making process especially if it affects them.