Science Forums

Einstein's Theorie

In short - everything is relative! mainly refering to motion, really there is way to much to try and explain - most of which I dont understand (but I am going to a lecture about it this afternoon ;) ) I suggest you do a google search on it to start with, and if you have any questions come back with them :D

P.S I edited your post to fix some spelling mistakes :lol:

What is Einstein's Theory of relativity?:cup:
When Einstein was fourteen years old he thought that, since light travels in waves, if you could travel at the same speed as light, then a light wave would look like a straight line. He later concluded that clocks travel slower as you go faster and they come to a stop when you reach the speed of light. This is why a light wave stops waving when you reach the speed of light. He also concluded that rulers grow shorter as you go faster so no matter how fast you go you will always find the speed of light to be the same because your ruler grows shorter as your clock runs slower.

Einstein also thought that a rock on the top of a cliff is not the same as a rock at the bottom of a cliff because the rock on the top of the cliff has more energy. You can see the difference in energy if you push the rock off the top of the cliff and watch it hit the ground. If you are in space and drop a rock into a black hole, the rock will fall faster and faster until it reaches the speed of light at the surface of the black hole. If the rock hits a solid surface while traveling at the speed of light, all of its mass will be converted to energy and the energy will be equal to the mass of the rock times the speed of light squared. There is a little more to Einstein’s relativity but the rest is just details.

and more,

Relativity is a theory that was developed in result of accepting the speed of light as a constant. By constant, this means, it is the same velocity to any observer regardless of there motion or the motion of what is being observed.

This results in a simple math equation. If Velocity of light is "C" (the constant of light speed) for observer A, and C for observer B, and either of these observers are in motion relative to eachother, then, the distance the light travels each second is different for each observer. Because remember, light is accepted to always be the same speed (of distance / time) in all reference frames (which means, points of view).

Because the difference in velocity of each observer, Time must change in the math equation in order for the Constant to remain true. It is not just a mathamatical requirement. Scientists like Max Plank studied areas of science like electrodynamics, which found these constants. Then light was concluded to be an electromagnetic energy which should also act with in these constants. And so, time is some how a dimension in itself, that can flex in rate, its all very weird at this point.

We all gave our answers which will most likely include some incorrect details, but at least I think you will find the logic you were looking for.