ok so the sun just came up.:cup: B)

Click this link:phones:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BjDszY8KNs

ok, now that you have witnessed the video: :doh:

Isn't it funny how you hear a bunch of people Laughing, :pirate:

a bunch of humans

the humans tranq'd the bear :Guns:

and we're all just laughing at the bear who got MESSED up. :cry:

i would love to see a bear ruin one of those spectators for breakfast.:boy_hug: :cake: :tphone: :love: :dog:

How about a video where a person wanders into the wilderness and gets lost and frightened. Then runs up a tree for safety from the wild creatures. So the wild creatures say to themselves, we have got to help this person out, but we know that people are dangerous and it may hurt us. So they put a trampoline under the person and tranqilize it so it falls on the trampoline. Then they administer first aid to the person and return it to the city where it is among its own kind.

Or maybe we should treat the animals like they would treat us. A bear in my tree means bear-burgers and a new carpet.

Bill

Considering that this video was shot in montana, one thing that surprised me was this:

They attempted to keep the bear alive.

It amazes me the lack of patience people have for these animals who are just waking up from hibernation. A tree'd bear is a bear trying to avoid conflict not instigate trouble. Waiting until evening and allowing the bear to climb down and flee would have been the best way to handle it.

How about a video where a person wanders into the wilderness…
It’s been done – Werner Herzog’s 1995’s documentary “Grizzly Man” – and done surprisingly well, IM (and others) HO. Not quire the ending TheBigDog suggests, though. :boy_hug:
Or maybe we should treat the animals like they would treat us.
In essence, I think we do. How a human fares among bears, or a bear among humans, depends mostly on the particular bear or human in question – some will eat the other, others ignore ‘em, others drive them away, others tranquilize them and relocate them by plane to… OK, bears won’t tranquilize you and fly you back to civilization, but you get the idea.

On the other hand, bears won’t sneak into your home, kill you, and make off with just you head, paws, and gall bladder to sell as tourist bait and traditional medicine.

All in all I’d say, as species and individuals, humans and bears both have their virtues and vices.

B) I once blundered upon a mountain lion at night. We exchanged aggressive displays, and left each other alone (the cat left - I wasn’t about to try running!). In principle, a human being can do OK in a fight with a mountain lion – I likely slightly outweighed the beast, and all sensible WV boys carry a decent knife when in the woods, with such an encounter vaguely or vividly in mind – but nonetheless, that remains one of the scariest brief experiences of my life.