Science Forums

Turing test

Suppose someone want's to test a turing machine, or computer, to know wether there is a human behind...if there is not network cable..it can still contain hidden emitter/receiver inside....??...so if one does not find the connection, it would believe it's an AI (artificial intelligence) program running inside, without connection to other humans or datas that the computer ? So that one could be lured...Do you know if there are physical conditions for a Turin test ? (not network connection...how do you check it ?)

Thanks

I think a large part of it would be trust, either way.

Having seen the inputs and outputs from various TT's, most humans would give up in disgust at the carp being sent to them. I saw one that was simply a stream of random gibberish. I knew it was a machine simply beacuse it didn't start using 4 letter words towards the tester!

I also read about one that failed a human girl, because the human doing the test thought that no human would know so much about what they were tlaking about, which was the girl's degree topic! (C18th English literature, iirc)

I've read lot of things about 'bots in IRC rooms, fishing for pedophiles, running sexchats for the amusement of those later reading the logs, etc. but I've never managed to find one. One article I read was eventually exposed as a fake. People were sat behind it, nothing to do with an AI. They were just trying to scam money for an AI watchbot by getting someone to sit there and do the real work.