Science Forums

Thermite

Queso

What about Entheogenified? :eek2:

Most likely not-

You want to be fully capable of handling yourself when handling something like thermite!

of course i'd blaze,

but That's what you do

when you're a medical marijuana patient.

I still havn't done anything with it,

I don't know where, or what to do with it.

I had a dream i thermited the railroad track that was running parellel along a highway,

and on the otherside was an upper class neighborhood.

(Right down quito, this place exists)

The train derailed and wiped out some houses, they died.

It piled into the highway which caused a 419 car crash.

mmm...Don't think I'll be doing that one..

They tried this in episode 15 of “Mythbusters”, and even after adding several pounds of sugar, letting it sit overnight, shaking the car, etc, could get nothing ill to happen.

I think thermite on the engine is a surer way to hurt a car.

We have to keep in mind that they used a 350 small block for that test, and those things will run down to nothing! I know of an odler camaro with 350 that ran without thrust bearings and two broken lash-adjusters!

That said, yeah. A big hole right down through the intake mani, heads, then block would no doubt decomission any motor. Go for the thermite.

I can't see thermite going through an entire engine block...

Maybe warp and melt into the first inch or so, but to burn through the whole block you're going to need alot more than a 50 cent piece size. Have to 'experiment' this one in a junkyard some day.

Also I don't know about going through tank armor, but they often used it to render enemy tanks and mortar firing weapons useless/dangerous as they passed through (toss a thermal 'nade through the barrel).

Mind I've only used thermite a couple of times, perhaps the mixture was off but it wasn't as insanely powerful as people make it seem to be.