Science Forums

Dream Machine

coincidental, orby.

I found out about these buggers earlier on the other thread that got closed.

I immediately did some research and found instructions for howe to build one.

And lucky for me, I have an old record player, lightbulbs, and drafting tools to help me build the templates with perfection. All I need is a big piece of paper to use as the cylinder.

Can't wait. I'll take pictures when I complete it.

Ever thought of giving yourself subliminal messaging while you sleep? needs headphones, media you can record on, a player you can leave on while you sleep, and a track of you telling yourself some message

I thought about doing it manually by mlixing the mono voicetrack to flip between L&R channels. Try to trick the brain into moing the eyes to follow the sound at the rem frequency. Never found an editor/mixer program that mix it into a sterio ambient music/white noise.:tongue:

Mix it into to ocean noise, ahh soothing

I completed my dreamachine about 15 hours ago.

It's beautiful. I'll post pictures of it soon.

I could only obtain a 45 rpm record player, so, I had to build a modified version.

I followed the instructions at noah.org for the dreamachine.

It had specific instructions for a 45rpm. But I don't think it is quite up to par. It's a nice strobe light type of thingy.... but in terms of it's actual workability as a dreamachine, I'm still unsure.

I have only sat in front of the thing for up to 5 minutes at a time. I get major REM, and instantly see red, white, and blue colors. But I havn't gotten a kalidescope effect.

Mehhh. I'm not looking forward to re-building the cylinder. But I guess that's what I get for spending so much damn time attaching psychadelic fabric to the outside. I wanted it to look pretty. And it does. But still. Mehhh.

I suppose I can take anothing stab at it. Once I get worked up enough to spend another 12 hours with drafting tools, posterboard, hot glue, psychadelic fabric, and MAJOR hand cramps.