Science Forums

Alternative to "best known" power sources

With the struggle or "wiggle" for a different or more usable power source, i came up with the idea of harvesting the air of energy and using that power for mechanical purposes. Specifically for automobile transport. Is this a plausible idea? or is would it be too expensive for using a nitrogen boiler?(I originally want to use a liquid nitrogen boiler encased in a vacumm suspened by magnetic fields)

:eek_big: :naughty:

oh, i think i knos what that means, i think that he/she wants to do, i think that what he means is to use the mechanical power of a nitrogen boiler forating some sort of blades directly in a car vs changing that to electricity and running another motor...

i think the nirtogen boiler car would be cool and all, but working at such low temperatures requires a lot of protection from nitrogen leaks and so forth, i think it would be possible to make such a vehicle, but i would not comment on its efficiency and power, emphasize power, oh and you are talking high levels of electromagnetism with the electromagnetic bearing, because that rotor with blades would come out to be a bit heavy, so it would not be realy easy to create propper shielding for the passenger area. and you would still need electricity to control temperature, crazy valves that would need towithstand realy low temperatures, ceramic shielding which is less then safe in a car and so forth... talking large headache and it's not even a fact that that car would move at any fast rate...

oh, i think i knos what that means, i think that he/she wants to do, i think that what he means is to use the mechanical power of a nitrogen boiler forating some sort of blades directly in a car vs changing that to electricity and running another motor...

i think the nirtogen boiler car would be cool and all, but working at such low temperatures requires a lot of protection from nitrogen leaks and so forth, i think it would be possible to make such a vehicle, but i would not comment on its efficiency and power, emphasize power, oh and you are talking high levels of electromagnetism with the electromagnetic bearing, because that rotor with blades would come out to be a bit heavy, so it would not be realy easy to create propper shielding for the passenger area. and you would still need electricity to control temperature, crazy valves that would need towithstand realy low temperatures, ceramic shielding which is less then safe in a car and so forth... talking large headache and it's not even a fact that that car would move at any fast rate...

what i meant by electromagnetism, was the use of a vacuum with magnetic suspension to keep the inner core (nitrogen tank/ nitrogen condenser) from thermal leakage.