Science Forums

The Creator

galaxy

hey irish, i've never had a chance to speak with you, so greetings and i hope you are well on this fine wednesday. may the truth of the living God always be revealed to the faithful, no human evidence to the contrary will ever destroy those of true faith, " for by Grace are we saved through Faith ".

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: galaxy

You're reality might not be my reality...

I see, so how does gravity work in YOUR reality?

you on the other hand keep telling me to"think logically"...

I really don't care how YOU think. You can be as irrational, follow as many superstitions and myths as you wish. Wash yourself in what ever blood turns you on. Celebrate torture and promote ritualistic cannibalism. But that has no place on this site. It is not "think logically" that is the issue, it is POST logically that counts here. "Think" anyway you wish. But the FAQ states that your POSTS need to use logic and have supporting proof behind them.

You are so confused.

Thanks again for another attack.

DO think is correct for you to try to change my religion? I never tryed to change your believes, why can't you give me the same respect?

If you feel that exposing mythical fallacies is not showing YOU respect, there is nothing I can do about it. That is what we do here. If your religion is based on these mythical fallacies, that is your problem, not mine. If you wish to intentionally continue to accept these mythical fallacies, I am not stopping you. Do I "respect" someone that bases their very life on antiquated superstitions as much as I do someone that uses logic and reason to guide their lives? NOPE!

But then YOU have stated the exact same thing.

Now the examples you provided me with were all from religious extremists. I am totally against them.

Of curse, as you have shown that you can not stay consistant from one post to another, we find in THIS post

I accept everyone as they are

Or are we going to hear that you ACCEPT them, your just AGAINST them?

I just wish you could at least agree with me that everyone is entitled to their own opinion,

You want ME to agree with something YOU can't even agree with?

I have to wonder if at some point in your life you are going to be able to face your own internal contradictions. They are very obvious based on your posts here.

No, no one should FORCE anything on anybody.

So we can safely assume that you are against the 10 Commandments in Public spaces, Public Schools, Court Houses, ...? Against "under god" in the Pledge? "In god" on our money?

Or is it OK to FORCE that on others?

What about the gay discrimination attempts with the anti-gay marriage laws being FORCED on others?

Have you told your church to stop using tax breaks so I am not FORCED to pay for YOUR religion?

Or is it OK to FORCE that on us?

What about FORCING a woman to carry a fetus to term?

I do not know what happened on the top posts... Well you claimed the world would be a better place without religion and I just wanted to advice you to move to Cuba

I see, so MY moving to Cuba would automatically get religion out of the world?

Yes I would be willing to make that sacrifice.

Plsease explain how this relocation would end religious supersitions in the world. Somehow I can't figure it out.

Let me make my point clear ... like I mentioned before "We are all entitled [human beings) to have our own opinion as far as we do not hurt others in the process." That is just my philosophy of life... You want to live in a world without religions ... You have a free will, you can't change the world, but you can change your environment and find a place where your views are shared at least by it's government... You have the right as a human being to find HAPPINESS.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

Yes it is obvious that the world would be better off without religion. And yes I would like to live in a country where I am free from it, from being forced to follow and finacially support it. But contrary to the US Constitution, that is NOT the case in the US currently.

I suggested you move to Cuba not in order to free the world from religion, but because you mentioned that you would like to live in a country were you could be free from it.

I respect you as a human being even do you are an atheist, I am not trying to convert you.... you on the other hand keep telling me to"think logically"... DO think is correct for you to try to change my religion? I never tryed to change your believes, why can't you give me the same respect?

Let's try to simplify things at this point. Galaxy, can you agree that it is a foregone conclusion that one of these diametrically opposed views must be correct, the other wrong? They can't both be right, can they?

So it is really that simple!!! Prove your assertion. Show us that you are right. The only way you can disprove Freethinker's assertions is to prove your's to be true. Why is that so difficult? If you are right, just show us poor lost souls. Do not reply to this post with ten questions. You have been asked to supply some information, supply it.

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin

Galaxy, can you agree that it is a foregone conclusion that one of these diametrically opposed views must be correct, the other wrong? They can't both be right, can they? .

No, they can't both be right. I believe that God created the universe,the heavens, the earth and everything in it. I believe that it is not God's desire that any of us should perish but that all come to repentance and one day see his face. You obviously don't believe this, so to me I am correct and you are not, and your opinion is vise versa. The difference between you and I is that I can accept our differences and move on. If there is a person who never heard about Christ or someone who wants to accept Him and want a testimony, or someone who is seeking I would feel responsible to witness to them. There is nothing I can say to make you believe, and there is nothing you can say to change my views. Your mind is closed, you are already determined to disagree with me regardless of what I say. Even if i did have a formula that revealed God's existance, you would find a way to dispute it. So you might find it "illogical" to believe in God, but like wisdum said, the big bang theory is a little bit ridiculous.

I am in a SCIENCE site because fortunately we still live in a free country,

Thus we find biases. You may find it interesting that we USA'ers are a minority here. The owner of the site is from Norway. Not everyone that visits this site, or posts on it, is from what you want to call "a free country".

Actually...I'd say about 60% here are US citizens, plus some Canadians (where did GAHD go?) so you are still the majority. Just WAIT until China opens up Internet access...we'll be flooded. And NOT with Christian views (or maybe Tim can correct me on this).

I joined this group because I found it interesting, in fact I found many of your comments very interesting.

Ya owe me one Tormod! :-)

Uhm...I think galaxy refers to anyone but you, dear friend.

I have been unable to keep up with this discussion due to my vacation but I see that it is turning into yet another Creationism/Evolution/Belief vs FaithFfundamentalism/What is proof kind of discussion.

I think a viable way to salvage this thread would be to ask (since it was brought up at the start): What was Einstein's "Creator"? He usually referred to him as the Old Man ("the Old Man would not throw dice").

Time: Einstein - Person of the Century

How did Einstein's belief in a Creator shape his world views? I think that is more interesting than hearing endless debates on "I believe this or that anyway" (which, mind you folks, is in violation of our FAQ!). this is after all a Philosophy and Humanities section, and just about everything that has been discussed so far has been discussed at LEAST twice before in different threads.

So maybe it's time to pick apart this thread and start a few new ones on different topics? It has strayed too far away from the original post.

I'm not wiggling my finger at anyone, so please do not take offense.

Let me make my point clear ... like I mentioned before "We are all entitled [human beings) to have our own opinion as far as we do not hurt others in the process."

There is a BIG difference between making your point clear and MODIFYING it.

Again we see the typical Christian approach. You claim to have PERFECT KNOWLEDGE and unquestioned stances. Until they are absolutely forced to face the fallacies of their claims. Then instead of admitting they were WRONG, they pretend they never said it in the first place!

Your original stance was VERY SPECIFIC.

Don't you think that we should respect and accept each other as human beings regardless of our religious or cultural, or whatever differences? Can you agree with me on that?

followed by

I accept everyone as they are

and

I just wish you could at least agree with me that everyone is entitled to their own opinion

But being a Christian you are incapable of admitting that you could possibly ever be wrong about anything. Especially morals and ethics. So rather than admit the TRUTH, rather than admit you were WRONG, you want to pretend you meant SOMETHING ELSE instead.

Why can't you just be honest? Why is honesty so difficult for Christians? Why can't you admit you were WRONG in your first claim? Admit error, make a correction and move on.

Let me show you how this would work for a Freethinker:

IF Originally posted by: Freethinker

Don't you think that we should respect and accept each other as human beings regardless of our religious or cultural, or whatever differences? Can you agree with me on that?

(followed by someone pointing out why this claim is not valid)

IF Originally posted by: Freethinker

Good point. I was wrong. You are correct. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I guess not all POV's are equally valid and some are actually harmful to society and should be protected against.

That is just my philosophy of life...

Which? The one you started with or the one you now want to claim? Or will it change back and forth at any given moment based on convenience at that time with you not admitting you flip flop?

You want to live in a world without religions ... You have a free will, you can't change the world, but you can change your environment and find a place where your views are shared at least by it's government...

And that place, based at least on it's PUBLISHED Constitution, should be the USA. We just need to get the Religious Right and Republicans to stop trashing our Constitution by trying to turn it into a Christian Theocracy!

You have the right as a human being to find HAPPINESS.

Based on what?

Yes it is obvious that the world would be better off without religion. And yes I would like to live in a country where I am free from it, from being forced to follow and finacially support it. But contrary to the US Constitution, that is NOT the case in the US currently.

I suggested you move to Cuba not in order to free the world from religion, but because you mentioned that you would like to live in a country were you could be free from it.

So I should move to Cuba rather than expect the US to live up to it's founding document?

Yes you ARE a Christian.

we have the RIGHT to find happiness as human beings because we have free will. hey FT hope you're doing well. i finally supplied as much evidence to "The Creator" as i possibly could on the previous page. it's a little long but if you haven't had a chance to read it please accept my invitation to have a gander.