Science Forums

Kirlian photography

vladimir

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

Maybe these Kirlian researchers just don't need the $1,000,000.00 nor do they have a charity worth giving the money to? Or maybe the far more logical conclussion that they CAN'T DO IT works better. Regardless of how many people are left in awe of magic tricks.

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I ended up here searching for proof for or against the Kirlian effect. So far, the most frequently cited serious proof against Kirlian seems to be the study conducted at Drexel University, but I couldn't find any web page at drexel.edu detailing their study. I also email-ed them one week ago at "research dot med at drexel period edu", but there has been no reply yet.

As for the "pro" evidence and some counter-rebukings, I ran across http://www.kirlian.org/kirlian/faq.htm, which states that:

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The claims that Kirlian photography are merely related to moisture are false. There have been numerous studies that show that moisture is not the main variable in Kirlian photography. I believe that many people get irritated by claims that seem unscientific, and will make efforts to invalidate non-traditional views without bothering to be scientific themselves. I have yet to come across a serious study that shows that moisture is the principal variable in Kirlian photography, yet I have come across several careful studies that show just the opposite. I have however, come across many references to the "fact" that Kirlian photography has been once and for all shown to be merely based on moisture. No specific studies are ever mentioned, nor are the studies that show otherwise ever properly rebuked. It is my belief that those who claim this is so are wholly uninformed, and are merely spreading their favorite rumor, in the hopes that somehow the world will become more rational. New technologies are often irrationally bashed when they don't fit into established frames of reference.</SPAN>

Anyone kind enough to counter-counter-rebuke this?</SPAN>

Originally posted by: Tormod

I know we had a discussion about this not too long ago but I am unable to find it right now.

Anyway, welcome, Vladimir!

Tormod

The thread was entitled something akin to "the scientific proof of the existance of god" or something along those lines.

Originally posted by: vladimir

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

Maybe these Kirlian researchers just don't need the $1,000,000.00 nor do they have a charity worth giving the money to? Or maybe the far more logical conclussion that they CAN'T DO IT works better. Regardless of how many people are left in awe of magic tricks.

That is a direct quote from the thread in question! Where did you find that?

I have a few posts from it archived, as Freethinker never answered me after I maneuvered him into attacking his own proof; I was preparing a second counter-argument to throw at him when Tormod decided to go on vacation(I didn't want to stir up trouble and leave him out ), upon his return(and indeed during the vacation) the thread simply 'dissapeared'.

EDIT: OH! and Welcolm Vlad! pardon my manners, I was just shocked....

A dissappeared thread? Oh my. Well I'm sure we can find it. Sadly the search engine doesn't include the forums, and the forum search only searches the titles (I'll get that fixed over the summer).

But GOOGLE comes to the rescue. The thread was called "What comes after life" and the page in question is here:

http://www.hypography.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=364&STARTPAGE=8&enterthread=y

Tormod

lmao, allright that would explian why I couldn't find the thing wrong title.

now where id I get the idea there was a thread titled 'the scientific proof of the existance of god'? My mind must be going with age....