Science Forums

My Novel

TheBigDog

I have several times in my life set my mind to writing a novel. So far the closest I have come is some manuals and proposals for work, a few long posts here at Hypography, and a rejected Star Trek:TNG script - "Gemini".

But I have outlined in my mind, and referenced once here on Hypography, an idea for a novel that would be both challenging, and something I would be proud to complete.

I am going to post from time to time bits of that work as I complete it. And if anyone should care to read it and provide feedback I would be very appreciative. I am thinking of writing it as a series of short stories, similar to Asimov's consolidated version of "I, Robot" There will be a central backstory, but each entry will be its own beginning, middle and end. When putting them all together a much larger story will be told.

The first chapter/story is entitled "Dog City". Anyone who grew up in Mountain View, CA in the 70's and early 80's might get the reference.

More later...

Bill

• 1 month later...

I'm still on pins and needles BigDog...

You must work 8 days a week! :hihi:

with all the Math and Numbers, and Kids and POOKIE BEAR, and work!! :hihi:

I tip my cap to you.

Whats the progress on this Novel.

Can you cut and paste anything yet?

Inquiring minds want to know,

Rac...

I'm still on pins and needles BigDog...

You must work 8 days a week! :)

with all the Math and Numbers, and Kids and POOKIE BEAR, and work!! :hihi:

I tip my cap to you.

Whats the progress on this Novel.

Can you cut and paste anything yet?

Inquiring minds want to know,

Rac...

Thanks for the bump on this 'Coon. I have the novel on a slow burner. In my creative life I am driven by obsession, and I don't always know where the road will take me. PIRT Triangles, Fractalator, Strange Numbers, Katabatak... they are all like art for me. I don't really know where they are going to take me, so I latch on and enjoy the ride. They are in their own way my muse at the same time. In its own time I will write the stories that become the book. The muse whispers inspiration into my ear like a dream. And just like a dream, it is beautiful, and meaningful and true... and so difficult to remember when you try to tell it to others even half as beautifully as the muse has whispered it to you. Someday it will all become clear to me and then I will make it all clear to you. And in the mean I dance with my more mathematical muses. :hihi:

Bill