Science Forums

Boring Screen Savers

Tired of boring screen savers? :eek2: yeah, well, there is a way out. Do you dream? well ofcourse you do, it is a natural human process, you dream of animations created by random firings in your brain bringing and mixing memories, weird stuff.... etc. well, this guy, Scott Draves, he created animations based on fractials, so if you were an android, i guess this is what you would see when you dream, now he has a farm of servers that generate frames, users help compile the frames to create animations, quite trecherous for processors, but for a straignt sheep user, all that does not matter, since all you do is download them and use them as screensavers, what matters is that you get some crazy cool screen savers, the attatchment is an example of such (which is a frame of an animation). If you go to http://www.electricsheep.org, clients for win, Linux and Mac (whoever uses a PMS, use your PMS to install it) are available. Download sheep, contribute to the sheep society, enjoy... and please if anyone as much as understands the math behind this please explain it, oh and the guy cant code for the life of him, mathemagician not a coder, so his code is ok, but could be improved on if you care to join his project. but yeah if anyone has any idea exactly how (and i can read his descroption, i just want someone else to really explain the math behind his algorithms) sheep generations work, please, I am all ears :) oh and i will definitely reward you with a rep point if you manage to do this, not greety i'll give you rep points anyways, just participate smartly :D (yeah bad attempt at a bribe, i know, but i do with what i got...)

post-472-128210092035_thumb.jpg