Science Forums

Ethics

BluesMan

I would be interested in a separate forum for Ethics, where discussion could revolve around; metaethics, normative ethics, and applied ethics.

The area I would be most interested in is applied ethics, and specifically Bioethics and the values that are indicative to this subject. However that is only a small part of the Ethics Genre that others may be interested in.

That is an intriguing thought, and after minimal reflection makes sense.

I think my request was somewhat selfishly motivated. When we place a discipline like Ethics with the general, philosophy of science group, it may become diluted, as ethics discussions without discipline generally become theology or morality discussions since so much of what shapes our ethics socially and personally come from these disciplines.

I wanted to see a section where individuals would have Ethics on the tip of their tongue (or maybe fingers, given the venue). However, in retrospect, my desire would be to get eclectic responses, rather than the canned; everyone has the same ethical training background responses.