Science Forums

Freewill? Your Perspective!!

TIDUSGIYA

What is freewill?

How do you define others freewill towards your own?

Can we really conrtol ourselves to have freedom from those that control?

My Freewill is to make my own choices that are Rational enough to not harm myself or anything that exists. We dont Deserve freewill if we try to control someone elses, because controlling someone elses freewill is usually about power which causes suffering. I prefer to be UNglorified by my freewill if it harms anything. Freewill is the abililty to be peaceful without taking someone elses peace from them,even if their peace is little.

Freewill is the ability to to appretiate life, if we made excusses for not appetiating life then can only be controlled be others.

If you want To truly have Freewill then i guess you have to control yourself and the things you do.

What is Freewill? and What is your definition of Freewill?

If enough information is known about a physical system, then you can predict the outcome. E.g: Rolling a dice, if you know the spin on the coin and the initial velocity; then you can predict what it will land on.

Our Brains must also work like that, because they do not have any more privelages than the dice when it comes to nature. Therefore all of our decisions and movements must have been planed(if the universe is a closed system of course).

Though if I worked out where i will be in 5 years, i can then not go to that place

and tease the laws of physics. So its imposible for us to work out our own minds.

SOmeone here on hypography has a signature that has a qoute by stephan hawking regarding this topic.

Ehh, gota love rollig a die and getting a coin...eh lamil? :gift:

I like to think that I do have free will, even if it is influenced by the past.

Maby I'm wrong, and some ape who got sick from a eating louse some 3 billion years ago is the reason I'm lighting up a cigarette right now.:surprise:

Ehh, gota love rollig a die and getting a coin...eh lamil? :cup:

Its Kamil;)

I like to think that I do have free will, even if it is influenced by the past.

Me too, and we cannot think that the future is determined because we are living in it, this is what the stephan hawking quote says that someone on hypography has as their signature.

Maby I'm wrong, and some ape who got sick from a eating louse some 3 billion years ago is the reason I'm lighting up a cigarette right now.

ROFLMAO!!!:surprise: :gift:

Free will or not, what does it really matter? Until it can be proven that we have - or do not have - free will, we will live with the illusion that we have it. So for all practical purposes there is really no reason to assume that you are not able to make up your own mind about things.

So for all practical purposes there is really no reason to assume that you are not able to make up your own mind about things.

I think that human decisions are governded by natural law, and that is what 'making ur mind up' is. But that doesnt make it any less signigicant:) . Thats how i have made my mind up:lol: