Science Forums

Dimension-Shift Theory.

Tarantism

Ok so before said person reads this they must first understand that it is just a ranodm idea that i have....with little basis in common "fact", and essentially is what one might call a "crazy idea".

with that said, i had an idea the other night...i believe that pretty much everyone recognizes at least four dimensions that humans can detect: up/down, left/right, foreward/backward and Time, and my idea is based in that idea.

what i was thinking was this: what if each dimension was just a different aspect or way to move around about our universe?? this would of course imply that there is seemingly infinate dimensions and we simply can only feel a few. for example, color is a dimension that we can detect, but cats and dogs cannot (they see only black, white and grey, which are shades), and then apart from the dimension of color there is the full spectrum within each color, and i think the abilty to detect that color exists either in another sensable dimension or as an aspect of the color dimension that we cannot detect.

my idea also intails that each sense is simply a dimension of our world, which would mean that instead of humans being able to detect 5 senses (or deimensions, if you buy in) we can actually feel 9 (the four stated above and then sound, sight, touch, taste and one other which seems to have slipped my mind-ooops.). this would also explain why some people are deaf or blind...they simply cannot detect those dimensions because they do not have the nessesary biological tools to pick up those aspects of our world.

with that i open it up to you guys (and girls), there is still much to be thought about in this idea, and each time i build upon it, it seems to make more and more sense...but i am in need of outside opinions coming from people who know more about dimensions and cosmology than i do...tormod? anyone?

:) :lol: :)