Science Forums

Physics’ observer, Advaita’s non-doer

UV-gap

Physics tells us that the observer determines the observations. This can only be explained with hallucinations. The observer determines the observations because the observer is hallucinating, fiction. Physics is trying to tell us that it is, and thus life is, our hallucination.

This might sound like utter insanity but that is exactly what our sleep-dreams are: our hallucinations. So why should the mind, and its life, change its ways from sleep-dreams to when it hallucinates that it wakes up every morning, to study the likes of physics?

If physics is right and the observer determines the observations then everything in physics adds up in such a perfect way that it is far -far beyond anyone’s wildest dreams. This Supreme Perfection physics calls its Unified Field. It is more or less its quantum-gap without which there can be no particles let alone universe.

If physics is wrong and the observer does not determine the observations then not only do things not add up, but we need one impossibility on top of limitless of others to KEEP trying to explain why physics is not our hallucination, fiction.

The Supreme Comedy called mind, and its life, only ends with physics. It was first Realized over 5000 years ago when sages around the Indus River, in India, used meditation to study their thoughts. This Study of thoughts would be called the Supreme Science.

These sages used meditation to study their thoughts and then they compared notes to UNIVERSALLY discover that thoughts had universe-vanishing gaps between them. These UV-gaps are exactly like quantum-gaps.

These quantum gaps made it UNIVERSALLY impossible for thoughts to be connected to each other.

When these sages compared their notes they also Universally discovered what physicists would Universally discover 5000 years later, that thoughts were not only disconnected but they were totally unpredictable. Physics would call this unpredictability their Uncertainty Principle.

These sages thus discovered what Physics would discover: that the mind and its life is our illusion, fiction, hallucination.

This illusion, or fiction, hallucination, we call the mind/life these sages called Maya. And this Maya makes everything that appears certain, “real,” into karma.

These sages of old would give to us the non-duality philosophy/theology of Advaita.

The only difference between Maya and karma is the word certainty. Karma is certain.

All of mankind’s certainties are based on the mother and father of all certainties: that the mind is always dreaming that it is awake. So the same certainty the mind has that it is awake in sleep-dreams defines the same certainty it has when it certain that it wakes up each morning.

That the mind and its life is pure illusion, fiction, a hallucination, might not sound very funny until the laughter of Realization makes it funny … far, far beyond anyone’s wildest dreams, even the wildest dreams of Krishna, Buddha and Jesus.

When the Reality of this illusion hits us it is an unfathomable JOY and uncontrollable/hysterical Laughter called Kundalini. When there is no mind/thoughts to dilute Kundalini then it is the Reality that is Heaven itself , called Samadhi, Nirvana.

And this comedy called mind, and its life, is supreme because the mind is just a collection of thoughts just like a book is a collection of words. And thus sleep-dreams and life are made up of the same thoughts, the mind – just like the same neutrons make up atoms that make up different molecules that make up both air and rock.

And so life and its physics, and universe, does not need a Big Band to start, or end, the story of mankind, because it can start and end just as EFFORTLESSLY and quickly and totally as can any sleep-dream start and end.

And this Realization alone makes the fiction/hallucination we call mind/life into the Supreme Comedy: that the universe and its mankind can vanish just as EFFORTLESSLY and totally and suddenly as can any thought.

And these words must define the Supreme Truth because in all fiction/dreams/hallucinations there is no other, there is no doer, that can agree or disagree. (That would be like having a word in a book that can rewrite the book any way it wants to.)

And this simple fact – that there is no doer, that there is no other -- makes the Supreme Comedy, called mind, really-really funny and thus Supreme.

-- the “there is no other” called Heaven.

-=-

To be Heaven itself is to ACCEPT that all words are the same, nothing but words.

You (I) play our role just as perfectly in the Supreme Comedy we call life, however, when we kill and slaughter, plunder and rape ... or build monuments, nations and even civilizations; or DESTROY them; JUST because one word is obviously very different from another: like "I" and "you", right and wrong, "good" and "evil."

-- the “there is no other” called Heaven.

common sense dictates, the degree to which you trust your senses (and which senses in particular) will determine to which 'belief system' (science included) you will adhere to.

western philosophers have been questioning our senses for hundreds of years. existentialism, for example, is pop culture now. the most famous movies of the last decade are based out of this philosophy.

you must be familiar with the Matrix? where they make an attempt to unify Nietzsche existentialism with eastern philosophies, specifically Hinduism (reincarnation), Buddhism (nirvana), with Christianity (jesus). and then with science fiction (cyberpunk, William Gibson, and i believe they used a ton of stuff straight out of the Tao of Physics, a book that i have not read yet)

common sense dictates, the degree to which you trust your senses (and which senses in particular) will determine to which 'belief system' (science included) you will adhere to.

western philosophers have been questioning our senses for hundreds of years. existentialism, for example, is pop culture now. the most famous movies of the last decade are based out of this philosophy.

you must be familiar with the Matrix? where they make an attempt to unify Nietzsche existentialism with eastern philosophies, specifically Hinduism (reincarnation), Buddhism (nirvana), with Christianity (jesus). and then with science fiction (cyberpunk, William Gibson, and i believe they used a ton of stuff straight out of the Tao of Physics, a book that i have not read yet)

Far, far beyond your wildest dreams the movie The Matrix is far closer to "reality" than any mortal mind, like you and I, will ever Realize.

And the movie “Fight Club” goes far beyond the Bhagavad Gita to give us the same eternal message of: there is no doer.

Fight Club goes far beyond the Gita, with its message of non-duality, because it’s message is not diluted with the dualistic morals, gods and values that pollute the Bhagavad Gita.

As far as your “common sense” and western intellects and geniuses are concerned, you might what to read: “the Devil’s short-cut to Enlightenment. Do a Google blog-search.

Far, far beyond your wildest dreams the movie The Matrix is far closer to "reality" than any mortal mind, like you and I, will ever Realize.

And the movie “Fight Club” goes far beyond the Bhagavad Gita to give us the same eternal message of: there is no doer.

Fight Club goes far beyond the Gita, with its message of non-duality, because it’s message is not diluted with the dualistic morals, gods and values that pollute the Bhagavad Gita.

As far as your “common sense” and western intellects and geniuses are concerned, you might what to read: “the Devil’s short-cut to Enlightenment. Do a Google blog-search.

no need to get defensive. i was just saying you can almost categorize philosophies noawadays by the amount of trust they put into the senses (as well as the religious/mystical/spiritual sense which most Western philosophies lack, which in turn i think allow them to more thoroughly analyze the rest, in effect doing a lot of work for Eastern philosophers).

as for Fight Club, the author is basing the entire idea around 19/20th century Western philosophy inspired by Nietzsche, Jean-Paul Sartre and others. along with a complaint at the ills that modern Western culture is suffering (displaced gender roles which upset our biology, consumerism, etc.). it is very existentalist, and nihilistic. not religious outright. but when you consider the final object of Tyler Durden was to destroy civilization as we know it and send it back to the Dark Ages, which was a religious time, you can see how religion becomes involved in Western philosophy. It is something they don't trust, don't understand, but wonder about because there are elements to it they are realizing they still need. HOWEVER. this 'nihilism' is very important for spiritual philosophies to look at and analyze. I myself favor Islamic philosophy (i don't really have much choice, but my favorite is Muhammad Iqbal), and its spirit has always been to compare, critique, and reconcile.

these are just movies, literature. the Wachowski brothers are well-read. but that is really all. they copy things almost verbatim from the things they read, thank goodness they at least have good taste and good directing abilities. Neo himself is a rip-off of Jesus, Buddha, and the Nietzsche concept of an Ubermensch, and in the latter's case, almost LITERALLY but using Computer Science as a metaphor. the science, indeed the plot, brings together so many things, and clearly rips off from William Gibson's work which was kind of more 'hard sci-fi' than Phillip K. Dick for example who's more philosophy. they had the common sense to realize these different things pointed at similar things, so they put them all in one movie and had them point to the same exact thing. just as you will see the Matrix in terms of vedic philosophy perhaps, a computer programmer will see it in terms of computer science. you see reincarnation. they see loops. clever strategy, but not all that clever in the end when you hear them break it down. i think the sheer lack of thought that goes into most movies just makes these few seem like something else entirely.

no need to get defensive. i was just saying you can almost categorize philosophies noawadays by the amount of trust they put into the senses (as well as the religious/mystical/spiritual sense which most Western philosophies lack, which in turn i think allow them to more thoroughly analyze the rest, in effect doing a lot of work for Eastern philosophers).

...makes these few seem like something else entirely.

I echo:

I need wisdom and knowledge like a dog needs fleas,

like god needs his devil.

and if ever I have doubts then I just laugh as I kick the gods right back into the hells they created for their devils with the UTTER Awareness : that I need knowledge and wisdom like god needs fleas.

I echo:

I need wisdom and knowledge like a dog needs fleas,

like god needs his devil.

and if ever I have doubts then I just laugh as I kick the gods right back into the hells they created for their devils with the UTTER Awareness : that I need knowledge and wisdom like god needs fleas.

i think i finally figured out what you were saying in your original post. i thought you were speaking objectively. basically question consciousness and assume it is a dream/hallucination? that is the entire basis for what you say (since without it none of the rest need be true), and is still subjective opinion alongside any other philosophy.

but most people believe consciousness is seperate from dreams. different parts of the brains are responsible for each. that is why they don't typically believe that consciousness is just a bigger dream.

from wikipedia's basic definition of consciousness:

When we look around a room or have a dream, things are laid out in space and time and viewed as if from a point. However, when philosophers and scientists consider the location of the form and contents of this phenomenal consciousness, there are fierce disagreements.

phenomenal consciousness is our current experience. all the things we sense (awake).

and every philosopher from Descartes onwards has tried to address the issue of the observer or point from which things are viewed. he chose the idea of a soul to explain the viewpoint of origin and the actual contents of what it experiences as brain activity. this is Cartesian Dualism. there's also other explanations, Idealism, Indirect realism, Direct Realism, Panpsychism, etc. all defined there at wikipedia.

the newest fad in thinking is that consciousness is a result of complex brain activity. that the brain is like a quantum computer of sorts. space-time and electromagnetic theories of consciousness. the basis for these assumptions are of course, that phenomenol consciousness is not a dream, since dreams are biologically determined to be of a different nature than our waking consciousness. however plenty of people support your assertion that consciousness, and our senses, cannot be trusted, and it is all an illusion. but i dont think many use dreams or hallucinations as the basis for that assertion.

i'm sure you know all this. that Matrix movie hinted at Gibsoninan sci-fi concepts which dictate an artificial consciousness can be created only with a computer with the parallel processing power equivalent to a human brain minimum (i.e, the entire Matrix itself, which might have been used for this purpose in the movie. In fact, this Matrix network with the exact same name existed in Gibson's novels, and did later become conscious).

the most interesting thing is the Comedic replacement for Nihilism, especially since you seem to embody it so. nonetheless i still think it looks as if its just an equivalent to Nihilism, but from within the context of another set of beliefs that doesn't despair, but welcomes the revelation.

usually i've read Hinduism and most other religions prefer a spiritual answer to consciousness. the specific Hinduism interpretation you talk about seems similar to Idealism philosophy or maybe even Panpsychism. that which your beliefs and mine have in common is this spiritual approach... the emphasis of religious experience to more or less 'fill the blanks' of the nihilistic philosophies' view of consciousness. for example, my favorite philosopher of late Iqbal, uses religious experience to define the existence and perception of 'the other' while your ancient sages use what is categorized as also religious experience to come to the conclusion about the nature of thoughts.

where specifically though, in Hinduism, do they postulate that waking consciousness is just an extension of dreams or hallucinations?

i think i finally figured out what you were saying in your original post. i thought you were speaking objectively. basically question consciousness and assume it is a dream/hallucination? ...

where specifically though, in Hinduism, do they postulate that waking consciousness is just an extension of dreams or hallucinations?

Forget about what the experts say. They just feed the wild goose chase that all philosophy, religions and beliefs need to appear real.

You have to go to the source of Advaita that gave us Hindu thought.

Advaita is simply a word for “not two”, non-duality. Advaita started over 5000 years ago when sages around the Indus River used meditation to study their thoughts. This was the Supreme Science. Do a Google blog-search.

These sages studied their thoughts even more thoroughly than physicists today study their particles.

When these sages compared notes they UNIVERSALLY agreed that the mind is just a collection of thoughts, that work EXACTLY like language’s words.

Thoughts are totally disconnected with quantum-gaps, UV-gaps, just like words are disconnected; and so the connection of thoughts is the same illusion these words need to be connected.

The second thing these sages (or anyone else who wants to study their thoughts) realized is that there is no way thoughts can be predicted. 5000 years later physics tells us the same story with its Uncertainty Principle.

The mind thus works like all other forms of fictions we have today: movies, computers, TV, radio, Novels. ALL FICTION WORKS THE SAME TO BE THE SAME: Reality’s fiction.

Thus if you know how one fiction works you will know exactly how your mind does not work – because NO FICTION can WORK any more than these words can “work” to tell a story.

These sages of old Realized that the UV-gap between thoughts, physic’s quantum-gap, was Heaven itself and its thoughts, the mind, was this Heaven’s fiction.

Heaven they called Atman, Samadhi, Nirvana. This Heaven itself is an ocean of infinite BLISS in which the universe is not even an imaginary drop.

When this Heaven manifest’s itself to the mind it is called Kundalini – that doctors have to call every mental disease in their books because it makes the mind, thoughts, malfunction.

The Supreme Comedy is that this Heaven itself is just the Reality of thoughtless-silence of dreamless-sleep.

And that is the Supreme Truth because there is no other, there is no doer, only the Reality that is Heaven itself.

These sages of old Realized that the UV-gap between thoughts, physic’s quantum-gap, was Heaven itself and its thoughts, the mind, was this Heaven’s fiction.

Heaven they called Atman, Samadhi, Nirvana.

ah thanks that made it a lot clearer.

but what is fiction? the entire idea of fiction, of truth, of lies, of human nature are all random thoughts or ideas of heaven/uv-gap. how can you put any meaning into these thoughts? this doesn't by itself mean that our reality is false, nor does it indicate to the contrary

it just means our thoughts have no basis. they are relative to nothing, being random as they are. we can't even root them in reality, because reality itself is a thought or concept we think, that in and of itself is a meaningless firing of a neuron as the 'brain activity' of Heaven in our reality. i can't even name any of these things (heaven, uv-gap, physics, reality) because these are all thoughts which no longer have any basis or relativity.

i don't even find humor in it, or comedy. because those are 'fictitious' ideas to begin with. the results of the results of heaven's mental ramblings. i don't know. i just don't see a 'self' in this definition or idea of yours. no me. no existence.

ah thanks that made it a lot clearer.

but what is fiction? ...

i don't even find humor in it, or comedy. because those are 'fictitious' ideas to begin with. the results of the results of heaven's mental ramblings. i don't know. i just don't see a 'self' in this definition or idea of yours. no me. no existence.

Look outside for meaning and it is a wild-goose-chase, chaos or karma.

Look inside -- meditate for thoughtless-Silence -- and far far beyond your wildest dreams everything will add-up to the Reality that is Heaven itself.

And if you are lucky it might just kill you with laughter.

But the least this meditation should do is to make you Realize that the mind cannot work, because it is just thoughts that are totally unpredictable and unconnected – this makes thinking and the universe just a thought, Reality’s nothing, fiction.

Physics tells us that the observer determines the observations. This can only be explained with hallucinations.
Quantum lingo often uses the term 'observer' but this isn't necessarily our mind.

When an electron and a photon collide and scatter each other, each is "observing" the other. If one of them interacts with something else it is "observed" and, at the end of the chain, there might just happen to be some nerd peering into an ocular lens or reading a listing that got printed after a lot of number crunching. That nerd has therefore (quite indirectly) "observed" the particle that scattered the other one that was observed by the scintilator that was observed by...... that was observed by the house that Jack built.

Quantum physics hardly claims that the nerd's mind determined what happened to the particles that scattered each other.

Quantum lingo often uses the term 'observer' but this isn't necessarily our mind.

When an electron and a photon collide and scatter each other, each is "observing" the other. If one of them interacts with something else it is "observed" and, at the end of the chain, there might just happen to be some nerd peering into an ocular lens or reading a listing that got printed after a lot of number crunching. That nerd has therefore (quite indirectly) "observed" the particle that scattered the other one that was observed by the scintilator that was observed by...... that was observed by the house that Jack built.

Quantum physics hardly claims that the nerd's mind determined what happened to the particles that scattered each other.

yes, YOU (think you) determine YOUR observations about everything, including nerds.

The Supreme Science goes one step further than physics: the observer determines the observations because the observer is the observations... just like a dream, and just like a hallucination, fiction, thoughts, words.

And the Supreme Comedy is that since we are always observing ourselves (because all is the mind, the outside and inside is illusion) we can only agree and argue with ourselves because there is no other.