Science Forums

Downtime Alert

Tormod

Please note: Due to server maintenance our forums will be down most of the night starting about 1:00 am January 6 (Eastern Standard Time).

The forum software and database will be upgraded. There will be no major changes immediately, except the addition of Skype support in the user profiles. However, hopefully we can squash a lot of the bugs that have popped up lately.

Things didn't go as smooth as planned. I ran into a lot of unexpected problems so please report any issues you find!

___Did you even sleep?! Mon dieu Tormod;mon dieu! My inclination is to get you hooked up on some manner of bio-feedback, but as I occasionally have problems sleeping myself & "nothing seems to work" alleviating it I have my doubts about even bio-feedback.

___Well, at least when we're up at odd hours & so unable to sleep right, at least we can eat right during that time eh?:)

___Thanks again for looking into the MPEG isssue; C1ay was able to compress my video file to a size & format the Gallery accepted & I plan to better figure out the software I have for capturing & editing.

___Kaffee bitte?;)

No I was really unlucky. I got about 2-3 hours of sleep last night. And since today was a sick day anyway I really had to get this done - but since I was so tired I made lots of mistakes when I began. Like ... I uploaded the entire forums into the wrong directory on the server. At least I was awake enough to back everything up before I started. :)

The MPEG issue cannot be fixed on this server. I hope to have a solution for that ASAP.