Science Forums

Chemicals in body Releasing

inside the sun

I lost interest in prehistoric mating when i found the tablet placed on the sofa. it was a genuine guinea pig emmulator. it gave me mathamatical powers. the Point is. Sex. These rare breed lets off chemicals! What are they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?:)

Number 2:

What chemicals do drugs let out, in these order:

Marijuana

Lsd

Mushrooms

Ecstacy

Number 3?

Difference between sex and drugs?

Addiction?

Withdrawl?

Subsition?:)

I lost interest in prehistoric mating when i found the tablet placed on the sofa. it was a genuine guinea pig emmulator. it gave me mathamatical powers. the Point is. Sex. These rare breed lets off chemicals! What are they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?;)

Number 2:

What chemicals do drugs let out, in these order:

Marijuana

Lsd

Mushrooms

Ecstacy

Number 3?

Difference between sex and drugs?

Addiction?

Withdrawl?

Subsition?:)

Do you mean the psycoactive chemicals found in these drugs, thier metabolites or the chemicals such as neurotrasmitters released in your body on taking them?

Although neurotrasmitters play a big part in the effects of most psycoactive drugs, thier effects are not only due to which ones are released but more importantly to which areas and receptors in the brain they act on.

As far as I know hallucinogens which include LSD and Mushrooms work as antagonist and agonist blocking or stimulating areas of the brain by mimicking certain neurotransmmiters. This is becasue often the drug taken often has similar shapes to certain neurotrasmitters so can fit into thier receptors e.g. LSD can fit inot many of the seratonin receptors.

This in a way removes the filter to the concious mind so suppressed thoughts emotions and memories are all brought to conscieness.

Like most drugs the euphoria experienced is probably linked to the release or mimicking of seratonin and dopamine which both with an area of the brain called the limbic system, are linked to emotions.

Mdma or Ecstacy is classed as a stimulant so acts on the sympathtic nervous system by releasing the neurotrasmitter noradrenaline. The happy and I wanna hug everyone in the room feeling can also be attributed to the release of dopamine and seratonin. As the ectasy works by relasing your natural supply of seratonin and dompamine it explains why you feel so depressed and crap for a few days after.

Not really sure about cannabis except like pretty much every drug it also releases dopamine and seratonin, i think its effects are quite complicted though as although most people think the primary effects are just from THC there are actually loads of psycoactive chemicals involved and it is their combination that produces its effects.

If you wanna know more, there are some good articles on wikipedia.