Science Forums

Humanoid Aliens?

Moontanman

On 10/15/2023 at 12:42 PM, Moontanman said:

Silicon based or Silicone based? I'm not sure why an animal without bones wouldn't be recognized as life, octopus are certainly intelligent but have no bones. 

You are right about the bone thing however I was just saying that to "Define" how strange alien life may be out there in the universe, so strange and different that some may not even understand it as life.  You could see some very interesting weird forms of life on another planet is what I was meaning by that statement. Secondly, why not both on the silicon and silicone question, I am sure somewhere in the universe it exists considering there are so many stars and planets in the universe.

Edited by Vmedvil

15 hours ago, Vmedvil said:

You are right about the bone thing however I was just saying that to "Define" how strange alien life may be out there in the universe, so strange and different that some may not even understand it as life.  You could see some very interesting weird forms of life on another planet is what I was meaning by that statement. Secondly, why not both on the silicon and silicone question, I am sure somewhere in the universe it exists considering there are so many stars and planets in the universe.

Silicon makes similar bonds as carbon but those bonds are very fragile and explosive when in contact with water or oxygen and would have to be in a very cold environment. Saturn's moon Titan has been suggested as an abode for silicon life using liquid hydrocarbons as a working fluid. 

Silicone, we know it as the rubber like compound used for gaskets and glue, could hypothetically be used by life in a very hot environment such as Venus and use sulfuric acid as a working fluid.