Science Forums

Add?!?

inside the sun

What exactly is ADD. Does it exist, is it really something you need medicine to cure. Isn't ADD simply, IDC ( I Dont Care ). I mean, with our theme of multitasking, with our cellphones, psp's, ipods, how can we sit there and listen to a lecture. I mean we compete to see how many things we can do at once, do we really expect to be able to concentrate on one thing when we can be listening to music, watching tv, talking on the phone, writing and reading. Driving the car, listening to music, talking on the phone, changing the radio. Etc. Our generation is the ADD generation, is it from video games? WTF IS ADD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

i don't know man, but i think that in the near future we are going to start seeing some weird "disorders" or...changes in human order because of computers, and the easy-hunting-albertsons. i don't know, this new life we have evolved ourselves into is going to start changing us more than we think.

already has, hehe, look around!!

What exactly is ADD. Does it exist, is it really something you need medicine to cure. Isn't ADD simply, IDC ( I Dont Care ). I mean, with our theme of multitasking, with our cellphones, psp's, ipods, how can we sit there and listen to a lecture. I mean we compete to see how many things we can do at once, do we really expect to be able to concentrate on one thing when we can be listening to music, watching tv, talking on the phone, writing and reading. Driving the car, listening to music, talking on the phone, changing the radio. Etc. Our generation is the ADD generation, is it from video games? WTF IS ADD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Well, the thing is.... When someone who doesn't have ADD, takes ADD medication... it hypes them up. But it does the opposite to someone with ADD. I think that proves that ADD is some sort of condition.... I don't think it's a bad thing.... I think the school systems should compensate for people who like to learn while multi-tasking. Maybe if the school systems were more dedicated to being fun... we'd have a whole lot less kids that need to take medication in order to learn. I think it's kind of sad that we need to dope kids up before they go to school so they can take more of the information in.

it's extremely scary how amazed i am to learn, and how badly i want to write and focus the few times i have taken my friends riddilin(or however you spell it)

that can't be a good thing.

i try to be like that as much as possible

but what if that has the same effects?

ohhhhh man, the mind! the brain! i can't believe sloths exist! let alone US!

it's extremely scary how amazed i am to learn, and how badly i want to write and focus the few times i have taken my friends riddilin(or however you spell it)

that can't be a good thing.

i try to be like that as much as possible

but what if that has the same effects?

ohhhhh man, the mind! the brain! i can't believe sloths exist! let alone US!

I've taken ritalin and experienced the same thing. Extreme focus. It seems to have that effect universally with all human beings. but... I still think that people with ADD have the opposite effects of people without ADD in terms of energy levels.