Science Forums

Question on motion

arkain101

I have asked this question before, but I don't think I have recieved a answer I am content with. A bunch of mathamatical derivatives.

A car is going 10m/s. We measure its momentum and it is 200. The car takes 20meters to stop.

The car accelerates to 20m/s, this doubles its velocity, and doubles its momentum. Now, when the car tries to stop it will take 80 meters to stop.

Now. My question.

It makes perfect logical sense to me that momentum doubles if an objects velocity doubles. Now for the car trying to stop, even though its momentum has doubled, its kinetic energy has increased 4 times. Now regardless of the math involved. Reality blatently throws in our face that when an object increases its velocity two times, it needs to use 4 times the energy to do this than it previously used to achieve half this velocity, and, now when it tries to stop it requires 4 times the distance to do so.

In a reality based explanation, I cant help but conclude that motion is impossible without two reference frames. (Maybe not impossible in terms of theoretical velocity, but, to determin motion and measure it.) and because of this fact, it seems to me that when one object interacts with another to create an interaction we call velocity it can be assumed that in fact each object is moving. If each object is considered in motion, then, we direct the rest of the equation to only one object of interest, then the squaring the velocity makes perfect sense as to a nessecity to measure ones kinetic energy. Kenetic energy that only exists if two reference frames are in consideration.

So I seem to continue to conclude when a car doubles its velocity, it takes 4 times longer to stop, because reality forces the mathimatical equation to square the velocity because it really is squared. But the energy can only be considered to one object. Which is why we include the mass of only the considered object. Now we must half this to yet again direct the energy to the only considered object.

If my momentum doubles, my true motion in fact becomes 4 times greater, for I would not have motion if there was no other to interact with. So I cant help but conclude that the moving energy of mass, is the consideration of its velocity coming at it, as fast as it goes towards. The very first or smallest point of motion on a molecular level, is 4times greater than half that motion, which would be rest.

One more thing.

How can we imagine such a duality concept?

The only way I can think of seeing this happen is to be able to exist in two places at the same time and experience the duality in one set.

Here is an example. Stand 10meters away from a large mirror. Now lets imagine that mirror is not just a reflection but it is really a weird duality dimension. You see your twin dimension self also 10m away from their side of the mirror. When you walk to the mirror at 1m/s your twin walks at you at 1m/s. This creates two considered velocities. We only want to know how much Kinetic energy one of you contains. So we only include the mass of one of you (the real you).

at this point we have.

velocity a x velocity b x mass of a.

because only one of us is obviously real, we are only interested in object A so we devide this total in half and end up with the energy of the real you when you hit that mirror. True motion.

So how do we write an equation to make sense of this? and still make KE acurate?

KE = (Mass[considered] x Velocity) * (mass[duality considered] x velocity)

---------------------------------------------------------

mass [considered] + mass [duality considered]

This is obviously a undersimplifed version of the standard KE but maybe it helps.

few things I wanted to add.

If the only way to accelerate to the speed of light is to have an infinite energy source, isnt gravity a infinite accelerating force?

What do gravity and light have in common? They both have a constant. They both reach over long distance and they both interact with all matter that is in their vacinity. how possible would it be that gravity and light are related somehow...