Science Forums

Crackpot Science And The Quest For The Impossible

BEAKER

Beaker this is hypocritical, just before you where saying you would show any rational skeptic and could make them believe.. saying that you have improved on an old design that didnt work doesnt mean squat, so this thread remains useless. We arent stifling anything because there is nothing to stifle

Actually, what I said was:

...Believe me I'm not celebrating anything other than the rather incredulous looks on the faces of the few people I have shown my previously "top of the line" design to - in spite of the fact that it did not sustain it's own motion...However, I have caused magnets to do things that would make any rational sceptic think twice...

I have a question: science has described quite accurately the properties of magnets (be they moving or stationary). Using this description we can show, quite generally, that you can't use magnets to build perpetual motion machines, etc. So then, what do you think is wrong with the current theories of magnets? What reason do you have for suspecting there is some property of magnetism we don't understand?

-Will

This is the trillon dollar question. It used to be the million dollar question, but y'know, what with inflation and all...

Let me just say that - first of all - I have not achieved perpetual motion...yet; - so in the minds of many, these are the ramblings of an idiot. Or at least someone sincerely deluded. Be that as it may; after approximately 20 or so prototypes over the past 7 years, and countless experiments within the framework of each one, (realizing of course that Like most commonfolk; I have a real job and limited time and resources to invest - compared to what I would find more convenient), I am essentially trying to simulate the rotation of planetary objects within the limits of earth's gavity.

I know that as a statement of operational detail, this leaves something to be desired, and is totally vague; and as much as I might like to get more specific; I'm not ready to do that yet.

I will say that I really do have high hopes for this next phase, as I gather my materials and get to work on actually building it.

So leave the thread open and I'll try to elaborate more later.

Beaker.

You still haven't answered the question: using what we traditionally understand about magnetism, what you propose is impossible. Why do you the traditional understanding is flawed? What evidence do you have its flawed?

Wouldn't it be better to conduct detailed experiments about magnetism and use this data to inform your design? What experiment could be done to show that this should/could be feasible?

-Will

You still haven't answered the question: using what we traditionally understand about magnetism, what you propose is impossible. Why do you the traditional understanding is flawed? What evidence do you have its flawed?

Wouldn't it be better to conduct detailed experiments about magnetism and use this data to inform your design? What experiment could be done to show that this should/could be feasible?

-Will

I'm working on it.

Of course I know it's considered impossible.

• 8 months later...

Hey i'm workin on it, but perpetual motion no is very possible but, we can create a powerfull energy with a very little input, for example i was thinking about it, we can use gravity for get down and magnets for get up.... and use a very little micro dc micro motor for create dessequilibrium when is in the central position, we can recollect electrical power with coils near of magnets.