1 member has voted

1. 1. Which domain for our forums?

• forums.hypography.com
    • www.scienceforums.com
    • Doesn't matter

• 2 months later...
Guest chendoh

Hi Tormod,

I voted for forums.hypography, it fits better.

Once you have an account with google's gmail your allowed to personalize the search page with modules like news, weather, and one they called science & technology, but it's just technology now.

At first, when I checked s&t your site came up as Hypography, and the link is scienceforums.com , I connected with the name hypography, and added it to my search page. Funny thing though, when you check the properties of the module when it's on the search page it shows fourms.hypography.

If you want to find hypography now, you have to type science forums in the module search; it's about the third one down, and its still scienceforums.com .....later.....chendoh

Guest chendoh

Hi Tormod,

I voted for forums.hypography, it fits better.

When I use google search I have learned that you need to look at both upper and lower links of the search response or else you might not end up were you want to go.

If the upper link said hypography, but the lower link said, scienceforums.com

I'd hesitate

Once you have an account with google's gmail your allowed to personalize the search page with modules like news, weather, and one they called science & technology, but it's just technology now.

Just relating my experience, if anyone else would like to find it.

At first, when I checked S&T your site came up as Hypography and the link is scienceforums.com.

I connected with the name hypography, and added it to my search page.

I had never seen nor heard of the word "Hypography" it intrigued me.

Funny thing though, when you check the properties of the module when it's on the search page it shows forums.hypography.

Understanding your frustration of, why do they use two different URLs?

If you want to find hypography now, you have to type science forums in the module search; it's about the third one down, and its still scienceforums.com

Again, if anyone else would like to find it, and your frustration of why do they use two different URLs.

As sidebars……..

We ran late this morning, putting the local Sunday paper on the street. When I got home and checked the forum, I thought I could just post something quickly, and I allowed my thoughts and structure to run together.

After I read my own post, I saw what you meant. Hope this helps.

P.S. where can I find help to use mutiple quotes in a reply?

Also…..

I use Webster's on line dictionary www.websters-online-dictionary.org

Your right, they do not have a listing for "Hypography", may I have your permission to contact them to see if they would consider adding the name to their site? ………chendoh