Science Forums

Separating compounds

madazn89

yes, so electrolysis..... ok I'll research on this method. The reason I asked how to break down titanium oxide is because it is present on the moon and I am doing a research paper on living on the moon, so if oxygen can be extracted from this compound than astronauts will have a source of breathing air and power.

thanks

madazn :friday:

The reason I asked how to break down titanium oxide is because it is present on the moon and I am doing a research paper on living on the moon, so if oxygen can be extracted from this compound than astronauts will have a source of breathing air and power.

(The kid has a great future as a credulous NASA flack). The moon is geologically undifferentiated - no weathering, no hydrological cycle, no vulcanism. Granitic pegmatites are not found in lunar basalt There are no major deposits of anything. Electolysis of ilmenite to liberate oxygen is quite amusing of itself if one can stomach the overall horror.

http://lifesci3.arc.nasa.gov/SpaceSettlement/spaceresvol3/lumareov1f.htm

http://lifesci3.arc.nasa.gov/SpaceSettlement/spaceresvol3/lumareov1g.htm

1) Lunar asstronaughts breath in oxygen.

2) Lunar asstronaughts excrete water and CO2.

3) Plant a greenhouse. Flora closes the fauna carbon and oxygen cycles. BTW, plants reproduce themselves without engineers, supervisors, quality assurance, laborers,tools, budget allocation, or PERT charts.

WAS THAT SO HARD? Use a little intelligent design. Do it the way Satan (Lucifer, Morningstar, the Light Bringer) set it up on Earth.

not to change the subject or anything but i always wondered if it would be possible to use electrolysis efficient enough to use water to power a hydrogen powered car... and then use the o2 to inject it into the intake and make a really powerful yet environmentally secure automobile! yay!

haha i groupie huh? well for one i would not insult my self with copying you i simply was fond of the image.... and you know if you had simply asked me to change it i might have.... but givin your insult... im not going to and **** you *** hole i dont need your ****ing criticism... people like you are the ones who make others not want to join a community like this and it really pisses me off

oooo and i forgot about the 665 posts big ****ing deal, you feel special because you write over 600 posts on the internet, does that make you a better person .... if anyone needs that answered for them no it doesnt your probably one of those people who hide behind their fake life on the internet where all you have to do to succeed is post 665 posts, in real life youre probably some little scrawny man with nothing better to do in life but to put down teenage students searching for answers on their own time. man you are an ***....

all you have to do to succeed is post 665 posts

Google

"Uncle Al" mazepath 22,800 hits

Google Groups

author:Uncle author:Al 78,900 hits

Res ipsa loquitur. Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem. Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris. Osculare pultem meam.

Braccae tuae aperiuntur.

Google

Google Groups

WOW. you really have wasted alot of time on the internet, haven't you?

Res ipsa loquitur.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Osculare pultem meam.

Braccae tuae aperiuntur.

Ok. since you decided to string together a bunch of latin phrases in what we can only assume is a (failed) attempt to look intelligent. I suppose that i will provide the translation.

"the affair speaks for itself."

" In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags."

" If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar."

"Kiss my grits (***)!"

" Your fly is open."

Great. Just great. You have demonstrated that you can degrade yourself to hurling schoolyard insults in a different language. Excellent. What do you want, a cookie?

Oh, and I particularly like how you really never answerd mike's question. Nice list though. I suppose that you just stated the name of the laws of thermodynamics because you don't know how to provide a link to an expliantion (try "cut" and "paste" of an email adress -- its nifty!) or you are unable to provde a consise statement of what they adress.

Yeah, I think that is about it. I had been lurking for a while, but the stupidness of your post caused me to register just to speak my mind. Furthermore, why do you care if someone has the same pic as you? It is the INTERNET! It does not matter. This is not realy life. If you dont like it, find another picture. Jeeze!

Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.

Absolvi meam animam.

Absum!

" pimply little boy in short pants" **** you i am, i actually have a life... unlike you apparently..

Originally Posted by UncleAl

Google

Google Groups

i am part of several of my own band of which i play lead guitar on my gibson les paul supreme... i drive in a red mitsubishi eclipse with beautiful black leather interior, and i have no problem with women attrictive decent women at that... which im wondering if this is your resort to the lack there of...