Science Forums

Colours & numbers

Boerseun

Don't know whether you guys have the same thing:

For ever since I can remember, I've been associating the numbers 3 with orange, 5 with blue, 7 with purple, 6 with red, etc. In such a way that I subconsiously see a string of numbers as a series of colours, and vice versa.

I've spoken to a couple of professionals about it, and they reckon that it was the colours assigned to the numbers in my first reading books!

I'm not so sure, though... but even if it is, maybe it can be handy in calculations, somehow?

Any thoughts, or similar associations?

Only a few. :confused:

http://hypography.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=443&c=3&userid=796

___Native Americans associated colors with the 4 directions; I don't recall the exact assignments. The Yin Yang colors represent Twoness. The numbered Chakras have color assignments as well. Wickens have assignments of color to number as do Numerologists & Astrologers.

___Maybe try using your color/number assignment & substitute them into one of my Katabatak Maps (instructions in thread Katabatak Math...) I recently discussed an interest in seeing just such transforms of colors.

___Off topic, but Boerseun do you do any bluing of your steel blades? :confused:

Off topic, but Boerseun do you do any bluing of your steel blades? :confused:

[sidebar]Yes - but I've been slacking the last couple of weeks! Business getting in the way of pleasure, I guess - Like Confucius says: Get a job that you love, and you will never work in your life! :confused:

If only I can become a full-time bladesmith... Maybe I should export to the US - the exchange rate being in my favour, I can probably pull it off!

Blueing is a bit of a hassle, but you can get pretty shapes and designs if your heat-treatment and quenching works as planned (which it doesn't do in 90% of the cases...) [/sidebar]