Science Forums

Creating reality

melagoo

I’ve known several intelligent, educated and articulate people who have read books like ”A Course in Miracles” http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0960638881 and attempted the techniques described in them. According to these folk, while the techniques in this book are rather altruistic, focusing more on the good of all mankind than or the individual practitioner, some success of all kinds should befall the practitioner.

None of them had particularly good fortune, while a few had absolutely terrible times, including abject destitution and incarceration.

My conclusion is that such techniques don’t work. Scientifically, there’s no well-accepted theory that predicts that they could.

Originally Posted by melagoo

Do any of you believe that we can create our own reality?

Has the material world evolved out of the actions of units of consciousness?

Can our intentions manifest?

Do any of you believe that we can create our own reality?

As far as creating our own personal reality, I believe we do to a large extent.

For instance; I could sit on my couch eating bon bons for the next 12 months.

The reality I would be creating would be a loss of my home, my truck, my job, food to eat and eventual destitute.

The best way to predict the future is to create it. It’s all about our choices.

Has the material world evolved out of the actions of units of consciousness?

As in, The universe is wholly connected, and it responds to our actions of consciousness and every whim? Or are you hinting at something like epigenetic's?

Can our intentions manifest?

If you mean do people have control on what they intentionally manifest ie...clearly verifiable, for example, buying a business, weight loss thru a diet, etc...then yes, I believe people do all the time.

But if you mean winning the lottery by willing it to be so, or manifesting a money tree out of your bean sprout, (sorry, no pun intented) etc...no, I don't believe.

As far as the book goes, it's probably a good read. For those that don't recognize the title, Deepak Chopra talks about recognizing everyday coincidences as being meaningful and how to recognize some of the coincedences as opportunities and applying them to better our lives.

It's certainly something I might enjoy also although I feel he has been more religious then medically scientific in his previous books.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. When dreaming you create your own reality of random sequences from the mother reality, this one. Also we created another world, the internet. Information and media is floating freely in the cyberweb, who knows, maybe A.I. will form from random segmented code and it will be aware of its own existance. Reality itself is defined word, it only refers to reality you wish to exist in.