Science Forums

Paris is huge, grand canyon in 3d.....

Merek

Tired of waking up every morning and only being able to see the houses across the street?

Dont want to have 2 drive half way across the earth to take a look at china?

well then. just go here, click on download option and walla.

http://earth.google.com/

anything from the great pyramids, to some random building out in the middle of no-where mongolia. (ive even found horses before!) and as clays name says, ( he gives the location option 33.7N and 84.66W)....although ive yet to ask him if he lives in georgia.

So wanna have people able to look at your humble aboad?

want to point out cool things youve found or just look at major cities..well go download it!

they are working on making it 3d, but it is the entire world so just be patient!

but larger more important areas like chicago, new york and the grand canyon for example already are availible for your veiwing in 3d!

Yeah, nemo loves that site. It was actually his first look at Colorado before he went out there. He got the coordinates and g-mapped it. I think a few of the other guys on here actually checked out his maps as well.

We used it for our vacation to Florida earlier in the year as well. The only problem was that the images were very old. They showed us a very beautiful Pensacola, but when we got there it was quite a different story. Yes, it was still beautiful, but the older images did not contain the piles of rubble still on the road from hurricane cleanup after last fall's storms.

Oh well --- c'est la vie, n'est pas?

yea , i used it to actually print several maps of an area south of my house ....41.5867414585 -93.6790930901..those are the co-ordinates, and if u look south , i liek to go hiking down in by the larg river , so i actually used it to plan a course for a around 8 hour hike.....but thats been the only actual real thing its helped me with other than random veiwing of my friends houses (internet friends). :)