Science Forums

History Forum Idea's

Mercenaryend

Ok, i have been given the idea of making asort of ruleing example of what i think would, could , and should be in the history forums.

I personaly have this opionon witch is...

The History Forum would be from anything to do On earth involving evolution of man and animals, also containing cultural disscusion, anything to do with War's , technology evolvment throughout time, Ancient Government, and hopefully ruleing out things like the big bang and such thoughts, becuase personaly the history forums would apply to the earth , and not everything, becuase that is to broad of a subbject.

I thought of some things on the top of my head , and any other peoples ideas on the subject would be nice about what it covers , becuase i think history is important in detirmining every thing that happenes now adays, becuase it is all a result of history.

Now instead of saying Yes , or No i would enjoy hearing other peoples thoughts on how can this be improved to give it a chance at becoming a real forum topic.!.!.!.

The History Forum would be from anything to do On earth involving evolution of man and animals, also containing cultural disscusion, anything to do with War's , technology evolvment throughout time, Ancient Government, and hopefully ruleing out things like the big bang and such thoughts, becuase personaly the history forums would apply to the earth , and not everything, becuase that is to broad of a subbject.

Ok, Merc. You have a very broad idea for a History forum, that includes a LOT of areas that are already addressed in other forums (Fora? :) ). We have regular and ongoing discussions about evolution, social issues, and technology. Explain why we need to add another forum to discuss these things.

While I agree that History is very important, I am interested to understand why you feel that it needs a special place, when the things you have mentioned are already discussed in many other places. Please understand that I am not saying we shouldn't have a History forum, just that I would like to understand why it is needed as we already have many places to discuss the things mentioned.

In my eyes all the other forums look as though they describe what is HAPPENING not what has happened, and or is describing theorys in general, and not defined into a what happened catagorey, and as i said commicaly , i think war is interesting , and would enjoy a place to speculate about it that wasnt the water cooler*.

In my eyes all the other forums look as though they describe what is HAPPENING not what has happened, and or is describing theorys in general, and not defined into a what happened catagorey, and as i said commicaly , i think war is interesting , and would enjoy a place to speculate about it that wasnt the water cooler*.

I totally understand what you mean, but what does war have to do with science? It's not a trick question. I'm really interested in your thoughts on the subject.

While I do believe that studying history is a wonderful way to help us not make the same mistakes, I am wondering if it is suitable for a "Science" site. So I'm asking you - not 'why' we should study history, or 'what' is interesting, but 'how' does the study of history, or war, relate to science?

I'm a skeptic, and I love to play devil's advocate, especially around here. Convince me that we need a separate place just to discuss 'history' and explain how it fits into the whole 'science' arena.

remember nemo's hunting trip thread? how did that have to do with science?

i think it has to do with science becuase its discussing old science , and technology that changed the course of life , like advancments in weapons that won battles, also with it you can look at what happened on unknown events, like the plague and make theories and such. it also if you want to go so far to say this, may involve other memeber who enjoy history , and keep them on the site so they might look into other forums, and widen there area of liking, just like meh!

remember nemo's hunting trip thread? how did that have to do with science?

Nemo's hunting trip was brought up in the Watercooler, not in a general science forum. Apples and oranges.

i think it has to do with science becuase its discussing old science , and technology that changed the course of life , like advancments in weapons that won battles, also with it you can look at what happened on unknown events, like the plague and make theories and such.

Ok, this I can understand. I hope you realize that I'm not challenging you to be a *****, although I am known for that. I am challenging you to get you to explore the possibilities of what you are asking. If enough people want a History forum, I am quite certain that we will have one. Would you also include 'government' as a subforum, or would you prefer a more physical sort of history? That's what I'm trying to understand. What type of history are you hoping to discuss. When you say something like "oh, evolution of man and animals, how technology has progressed, war, ancient governments, all sorts of things", I think of all of the forums that we have that already discuss those things. I'm trying to get you to explain why we need a different forum for "history" and what you hope to discuss there. You're on the right track, and I hope I'm not discouraging you.

it also if you want to go so far to say this, may involve other memeber who enjoy history , and keep them on the site so they might look into other forums, and widen there area of liking, just like meh!

We try to be very in tune with what the members want. If people want a History forum, then I truly hope that they will participate in this thread, and share their own ideas to help shape the concept.

o and irish , how many popularity points do you start with again?....i dont think ive accumulated 35...... :)

You start out with 10 Reputation Points, and a Rep Power of 0. Every user starts at the same level. You have earned 25 Rep points, and have a slightly higher Rep Power than 0, due to earning and giving Rep.

Each user then gains or loses both Points and Power through giving and getting Rep to and from others, your post count and your seniority.

Most users are at very different levels of both Reputation Points and Power.

Please check out this thread for more information on Reputation Points and Power.

Also, please check here for more information on the User levels (your current "Thinking" title).

in my mind, there's no place for a history section in science forums, but that's Tormod's decision, not mine. Why not just go out and create your own history forums web site? Then you could have sections for everything. Don't forget to add a theology section too, I'm sure everyone will want to debate ID in a history forums web site too!